April 23, 2014

NBC Shutting Down 'Prime Suspect'

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 15th 2011 4:51PM
Prime Suspect Shut DownTime to take off those fedoras in a show of respect, 'Prime Suspect' fans. According to Deadline, NBC will shut down production of the freshman drama.

The Maria Bello-fronted police series was left off NBC's midseason schedule and at the time the network made no mention of the show's fate. Deadline reports the cast and crew were notified of the shutdown as NBC made the schedule announcement on Nov. 14.

The show will shoot episodes 12 and 13 before ceasing production.

'Prime Suspect,' a remake of the UK series starring Helen Mirren, debuted to roughly 6 million viewers and a 1.8 rating on Thurs., Sept. 22. The show fell to a low 1.2 rating and about 4.5 million viewers in the weeks after.

NBC has not officially canceled the low-rated series, but it's pretty much only a matter of time.

Tell us: Do you want more 'Prime Suspect'?

Julie Cortright

Prime Suspect could go as far as L&O SVU if you would just give it a chance Pleasae bring it back to Prime Time

October 25 2012 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie Cortright

love prime suspect would like to see more than just a season 1 i think this show could go as far as law n order svu please bering it back

October 25 2012 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leslie

I loved "Prime Suspect" I keep looking for it wondering what happened. I agree with the person that said it should be put on a night and time that isn't opposite another show that has a sollid viewership. It came on the same time as "Person of Interest" which comes on another network. I had TIVO when it used to come on so I could watch one show on Thursday night and watch the other on TIVO on the weekends. Great show tho, hope they don't cancel it.

May 14 2012 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marvymoe

hope NBC keeps Prime Suspect" as it was a really good show. They should give it a chance and run it during the summer or when it has the best chance of survival. Do not put it on a night that has shows with a solid viewership.
If the audience got a chance to see it, I'm sure they will like it.

April 06 2012 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andi

Love this show…want it to come back.

March 17 2012 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
benice

What is going on, I loved that show.

March 17 2012 at 5:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
danny.coker

NBC is a lame network, Prime Suspect was one of the best new police dramas. Some nit-wit that likes to contiually change the listings was probably the reason for bad ratings. Put the show on a proper time for its content and leave it alone and let it build a fan base. NCIS has been at the same time forever and its a great show but if CBS goes moving it around, who knows.

March 15 2012 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

They should put prime suspect back on that was a good show. I loved it.

March 14 2012 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole

Prime Suspect was one of the best shows on tv and it showcased a strong female character with real life prejudices in the work force, especially the male dominated police department. please don't cancel this show...just find a better slot for it....please...

March 08 2012 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vita

I'm a huge fan of the UK series and a huge fan of this one as well! Maria Bello and the rest of the cast is terrific. It's not often that you see such great chemistry on TV. And the plots were always interesting from beginning to end. My husband is a big fan, too. These days it's wonderful when males and females can be interested in the same show. I can't believe this show has been shut down while less deserving shows are still on the air. I'm sure this show has a loyal following and it deserves another chance. Maybe better marketing of the show would help. My husband and I really miss this show and I hope the network brings it back!

March 02 2012 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply