October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Housewives' Speak Up About Taylor Armstrong's Abusive Marriage (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 15th 2011 5:30AM
'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'When the women were all gathered at Lisa's for tea and gabbing on 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' (Mon., 9PM ET on Bravo), Taylor tried to usher in a new era of openness and honesty with one another. Of course, if that were ever to happen, Bravo wouldn't have a show, but it's nice to dream.

You just have to be careful what you dream for. And Taylor's call to put everything onto the table, and say whatever's on their minds directly to one another, led Camille to give her a warning.

"I don't think you want to put everything out there," she said. "Be careful with you saying that because we're all protecting you ... What you told us about your marriage ... We don't say that he hit you ... that he broke your jaw or that he beat you up."

If you want to have everything out in the open, you have to be prepared for everything to get out, though apparently some of the women are skeptical of Taylor's accounts of the situation in her marriage anyway.

Boots

I was on the fence with her after noticing that she 'broke down' in the exact same place in her interview with 'Entertainment Tonight' and 'The Doctor Phil Show' when she got to the part about leaving her child in the house with the dead Russell when she ran out. But then, when Camille brought the part out about her 'broken jaw' in front of all the girls and millions of viewers her face went ashen and her eyes were like a deer caught in headlights. Did you all see her FACE at that moment? To me, that and her body language said "Ooops..I'm caught in that one NOW!'
She obviously had that REALLY happen to her, but now I don't think it was at the hand of Russell, but she played it that way for publicity's sake!
Also, I think she had a lot of nerve going to Lisa's tea party, even though she WAS invited. I mean, who DOES that? She totally dissed Lisa, and then she accepted the invitation to her party? Pu-leeeese! She went there with the sole intention of causing drama. And if you can't HEAR the word "Best" in Lisa's saying "I'm not your BEST friend" and hear what she's REALLY saying, then you are as ditzy as they come. Go home Taylor, your fifteen minutes are up, but sadly, at the cost of your husband and father of your child.

November 17 2011 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cheri

All the reality shows are getting old,milked to death. Come on Hollyweird,show some imagination. Too much is too much.

November 16 2011 at 8:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bcliles

I didn't think the Housewives of Atlanta could be more crude than they have in the past, but I was wrong. I can't watch this show anymore. I'm sick of hearing about the sex toys. Then, to have them demonstrate! Dear God. What's next? Also, that picture has been photo-shopped to within an inch. Give me a break. None of them have ever looked that good. In the bathing suit sequence, Candi looks like an inverted lightbulb.

November 15 2011 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jedikngt6294

Here is just one link to some of the photos she did put out about the abuse : http://ladybomb.com/a-shocking-pictures-of-taylor-armstrong-of-physical-abuse/

November 15 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lasvegasmonica

While most of us dont believe she was beatten, she makes me want to slap her. Such a Drama Queen.

November 15 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

What the ladies don't understand is that the victim of abuse rarely leaves the abuser until something catastrophic happens. Most of the time, the victim has been brainwashed to feel they deserve how they are treated. So, while she might confide in them as a cry for help, she feels helpless in changing her situation.
My grandmother raised me. I stood by helplessly and witnessed years of abuse at the hands of my grandfather. His death was her rescue. Until the day she died, she was still in denial of how bad it was. I guess being dragged across the room by the hair of one's head is the ultimate show of affection

November 15 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gailneuman

I do not believe that her marriage was abusive at all. It's a publicity stunt on her part that humiliated her husband and caused his suicide.

November 15 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gailneuman's comment
Eileen

I agree. If there was any abuse at all, it may have been verbal abuse. I've never seen any marks on her body during the show to give me the impression he was hitting her. I have to wonder if all the speculation on the show about him being physically abusive, led him to suicide.

November 15 2011 at 2:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Eileen's comment
jedikngt6294

There are actually pictures that I have seen on the internet that showed when she was beat up by him, and if you watch carefully there have been times she has worn LOTS of coverup and glases etc. so you never know. I think she is keeping alot of that under raps now that he has passed away because of her daughter and wanting to protect her as well.

November 15 2011 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
bleachblonde

Shame on those that believe this is a pubicity stunt. Really? Do you think they are actually being taped all day long, every day, for the whole year? You never saw it happen or saw any marks? Really? Victims often learn to hide the marks on their body. And the abuse could have happened at any time. They show 30 minutes of tape - a combination of all the housewives - probably 5-7 minutes for each housewife. Such compassion and from other women! Wow - we've really grown as a society

November 15 2011 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Elliana

it was moronic that one of them said i don’t know if i believe her because iv never seen it happen. um hello, you rarely will ever see that happen, it most cases the abusers are people persons with charm in public. Many people are surprised to see the 'guy next door' in his own home, controlling, abusive and authoritive. They are good actors. Take it from someone who has been in the situation and who has seen others in the situation. Funny thing is the people asking for help are often the ones called liars. so sad.
It’s hard to leave, you can never just leave. People need to educate themselves. It is not just black and white it is every color of gray you can imagine.

November 15 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
pops07130

i still say taylors lips arent big enuff!!!!!!!!!!!! think all those bruises on her face were from her lips spanking her face on a windy day! lol

November 15 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
tpetersen65

Last night's episode what a hot mess. Taylor has fallen apart. Hopefully the family of her deceased husband will come forward, and take her child from her. At least until she has her act together. She has some serious mental health issues. Bi-polar?

November 15 2011 at 11:09 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tpetersen65's comment
Hi Good Lookin

All this happened before Russell's suicide. Of course she was falling apart. She's been living with a husband who beats her up. The last thing she needs right now is someone coming in and taking her child away from her.

November 15 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hi Good Lookin's comment
Rae Turner

I dont think her husband ever beat her I the end he did hit her badly but before that I think she loves to play victim and poor me. That is how she gets attention and that woman can never get enough attention.
She is a loony tune. period

November 15 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down