July 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bill Maher Relives His Trauma on 'The View' With David Letterman (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 16th 2011 3:00AM
Bill Maher, 'Late Show'Bill Maher's session with the women of 'The View' didn't go exactly to plan, thanks to Elisabeth Hasselbeck appearing to hold a grudge for an old joke he made about her. It made for such an uncomfortable moment, that David Letterman asked Maher about it on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS).

"I was abused. I felt like a teenage boy at Penn State," Maher quipped to a stunned crowd. But while Letterman's crowd wasn't sure they could get behind Maher after that joke, he said the incident with Hasselbeck united his Twitter followers behind him.

"It's always like 50/50," he admitted of his followers. "Today it was just all for me. It was like, 'thank you Elisabeth Hasselbeck for making me look good!'"

Barbara

I quit watching the View because of that little twit. Elizabeth thinks everything that comes out of her loud rude mouth is always the truth. I don't see how she is still on that show. I don't think when watching I ever heard a nice word from her except for Palin before Palin dropped her...laffin...then she had nothing good to say about her...She needs to stay home and take care of those kids.

November 16 2011 at 7:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Debra Johnson

Bill could leave 3/4 of his brain at home, and still do rings around her!! Yes, FOOSIELUCY, we DO need Bill Mayer because he doesn't let those lunatics get away with anything. He does not always approve of Obama, and does not always defend the left but he represents the real voice of reason. His NEW RULES segment are always a hoot! Even the Republican panelists laugh during that segment!! Keep up the great work, Bill!

November 16 2011 at 6:06 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
dgolob7

I'm with Bill Maher 100% he may be rough around the edges but never the less he is "right on" when it comes to Politics. I also love his humor.
I wonder too, just why anyone would vote for the people who would do them the most harm with trying to take away the middle class and say no to taxes for the big corporations and billionaires, the idiots out there who are running for the commander in chief, if any one of them were to get elected what would happen to this country

November 16 2011 at 6:05 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Debra Johnson

I love Bill and I sometimes cringe when he goes on about the existence of God...or, I should say, according to Bill, God does NOT exist. I do disagree but that's about the only issue I disagree with him about and Elizabeth on the VIEW is a staunch Republican, always bashing Obama, really out there in her right wing views so I enjoyed him putting her in her place. When Letterman brought it up again on his show later that night, it AGAIN made her look DUMB! LOVE IT!

November 16 2011 at 5:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
foosielucy

HE SAYS WHAT MANY ARE THINKING AND ARE AFRAID TO SAY
DO I ALWAYS APPROVE - NO!
BUT WE NEED FOLKS LIKE HIM WHO WATCH THE WORLD
AND WITH SOME MODICUM OF INTELLIGENCE MAKE
COMMENTS ABOUT IT - HE IS NOT ENCUMBERED WITH
ANY RELIGIOUS MIND CONTROL - SO I DO LISTEN TO HIM.!

November 16 2011 at 5:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bbursky

Bill Maher's one of the smartest and funniest men in the media

November 16 2011 at 5:31 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
patpumphrey

Bill Maher may be the most repulsive person in the world....

November 16 2011 at 5:26 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

Wow one misogynist gets his feathers ruffled while on a show of women and has to then go on the show of another misogynist to get his ego stroked.

November 16 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Larraine

You don't have to agree with Bill to understand that as a comredian he takes things to the farthest edge..without the edge some of us wouldn't know where to stop..look at some of these postings

November 16 2011 at 5:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Daws

Oh lord. Now Elisabeth is going to have a fit because Bill said they have sex.

November 16 2011 at 4:52 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply