September 23, 2014

Connie Britton Adopts Baby Boy From Ethiopia

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 16th 2011 2:30PM
Connie Britton AdoptsConnie Britton, known to legions of fans as one of TV's top moms, Tami Taylor on 'Friday Night Lights,' has adopted a baby boy.

According to People, Britton spent three years going through the adoption process before taking home a 9-month-old baby boy from Ethiopia, Eyob.

"It was such a wonderful moment of completion," Britton said of holding her son for the first time. "I thought I was going to collapse into a puddle of tears. I was just grinning from ear to ear."

The Emmy nominee currently appears on FX's 'American Horror Story,' which was just renewed for a second season. Prior to receiving rave reviews for 'Friday Night Lights,' Britton appeared on '24' and 'Spin City.'

A 'Friday Night Lights' reunion movie is rumored to be in the works and Britton recently told Us Weekly that it is "happening for realsies."

kyoteee1

Why aren't white American children good enough for these "celebrities"? They are doing a terrible disservice to these foreign babies/children because although they'll have plenty of food and a roof over their head, they'll be mentally and emotionally f**ked up for life because they've been forcibly taken from their homelands for a photo-op.

November 17 2011 at 5:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steph61

wonder how the kids in this country that need adopting feel when they read someone would rather go to another country to find a child to adopt....how come other than Bullock you never hear of anyone adopting from here....just saying...its nice they go to other country's I guess....

November 17 2011 at 5:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skipget

Trendy stunt. What about all the American kids needing adoption ? This crap makes me sick.

November 17 2011 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Elliott

Britton is simply taking a page out of the Hollywood Free Publicity Handbook. It worked didn't it?

November 17 2011 at 4:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
denisehh3

I sure wish someone would adopt me........

November 17 2011 at 3:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wufinz

I am soooooohappy for her. It must have been a difficult long process since she could not find ANY children in the US to adopt--I guess orphanages and foster homes ran out of kids. Isnlt that nice? All the US kids apparently now have homes. HMMMMM -- I guess those African babies are really in vogue now. Let's see: Madonna, the Pitts . . . . It is still too early to tell what baby nationality will be in vogue next Fall!@

November 17 2011 at 2:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KerryC

I've never heard of this lady, nor the program she is supposedly famous for & I'm guessing that this adoption is to be used as a promotional tool like the other celebrities who adopt from Africa & other poverty stircken countries. I find it to be both a tad silly & sad that Americam celebrities don't seek to adopt, or at the least be a foster parent, of the thousands of American kids who need a family. I loathe celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Madonna, & Sandra Bullock who seemingly use their adopted kids as accessories. These ladies could've adopted an American child & sponsored dozens of others & their surviving family members in their native country with what they pay to buy, errr uh, I mean "adopt" African children. The tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars spent to "adopt" the child with all the fees & under the table bribes & negotiations to speed the process could stretch out to support not only a baby, but the child's whole family for quite a long stretch. $100,000 goes a long way in SubSaharan African nations & it would benefit the child to stay with their families & among those of their native culture, but I guess this sort of thing isn't conducive to having a write-up with a fat pay off in celebrity focused media (People, TMZ, Extra, etc.) to help jumpstart their flailing careers. Buying kids from assorted countries is wrong, esp. when there are so many in need within 100 miles of any given point in the USA that are available for adoption. I despise these vain celebrities who pat themselves on the back for "adopting" (let's not be coy, these kids are BOUGHT!) a child from a 'third world' locale & for the first few months they play it safe & stay out of the limelight, but then they thrust the child into the harsh light coming from the paprazzis' cameras. Shame on these vapid fools! As the majority of these "parents" are left leaning liberals, some lean so far that they need kickstands to stand up, why aren't they sticking to the mantra of; "think gloabally, act locally?" Ugh, I could rant forever on this issue, but I'll just leave it with what already came tumbling out of my head to my hands & spare you fine folks my opinions. I just feel it very pathetic when celebrities & other 'upper crusty' sorts go around the world to adopt a child when we have plenty to choose from that need good homes & loving families. It also 'lessens their carbon footprint' by choosing a domestic adoption! Perhaps they can have Al Gore do a leaky eyed, hand wringing PSA along those lines.

November 17 2011 at 2:32 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Britton is an American citizen. She lives in America and works in America. So why couldn't she adopt one of the THOUSANDS of babies available for adoption in America?

November 17 2011 at 2:19 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Billie

It's a shame they are all worried about every country but their own.
When there is floodd or fires here you dont see them having a telethon to raise money to help their own people.

November 17 2011 at 2:09 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Billie's comment
patr728

Billie... I understand it is much easier to adopt from a foreign country than from the U.S.! One of my friends wanted to adopt from the U.S about 11 years ago, but couldn't because (1) the fees were astronomical and (2) if they wanted an infant - it would take several years for one to become available! They ended up adopting a 4 year old girl from Russia. It took less than a year for them to get her.
So, it looks to me like our country should review the adoption process and make changes that would enable our children to be placed much sooner.

November 17 2011 at 2:24 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to patr728's comment
SHYLA

I am African American and I wonder why do white celebrities adopt minority children and hardly ever adopt white kids. I have seen some poor white kids from Virginia that made me cry. The way they were living was atrocious. They were depending on charities for all their meals. I know minority kids get adopted at a much slower rate but come on. Something strange is going on here. While my heart aches for the third world kids, I believe in taking care of home first. You shouldn't be able to adopt from other countries until every child here in America has a home first. IMO

November 17 2011 at 2:04 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to SHYLA's comment
wufinz

honey, these white celebs don;t even adopt BLACK american kids. no one would give them press for adopting "at home"--too mundane.

November 17 2011 at 3:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply