December 20, 2014

Susan Lucci: I Still Want to Be on 'All My Children,' Delay Not My Fault

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 17th 2011 10:30AM
Susan LucciSusan Lucci took to her Facebook page to clear up some rumors about her future and the status of 'All My Children.'

Unconfirmed reports had Lucci turning down Prospect Park's offer to remain with the soap opera when it moved online. Then, news broke that 'All My Children' has been delayed and it won't be joining 'One Life to Live' on The Online Network this January. Is she to blame? No way, according to the star.

"I want my fans to know the truth," Lucci wrote. "There has been miscommunications as a result of statements in the press that I am one of the reasons that 'All My Children' is not moving forward. This is simply untrue and not the case."

Lucci said she has been in discussions with the new production company and told Prospect Park she's ready to move forward with the online version of 'AMC.'

"... in correspondence dated September 8th, I made it clear that I would be ecstatic to be a part of 'All My Children' in a prominent way if they committed to producing the series for another year."

However, Lucci said she has not heard back from Prospect Park since then. She said she learned of the 'All My Children' production delay through the media, just like viewers.

"It's been a privilege and honor to be involved with the 'All My Children' family for so many years, from working closely with Agnes Nixon to getting to know millions of devoted and wonderful fans," she said.

Next up for Lucci is a guest arc on Lifetime's 'Army Wives.'

redheadldy50

I can't believe it is no longer on the air and prospect to see it online seem to be down the drain. I have watched since the beginning...this was my escape after a hard day at work. Always a good day to unwind to see that the troubles in Pine Valley were always much worse then my own. So very very sad...refuse to even watch The Chew. Jeez...what idiot made this decision. Can't imagine there aren't a lot of followers out there who are sorely missing this show.

December 06 2011 at 11:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
icutiepie42240

Miss AMC been watching since i was 16 now im 40

November 20 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jodi

Enough food shows, bring back AMC, Racheal Ray is enough!

November 18 2011 at 5:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mesager42

I watched The Chew once, and then chewed it up and spit it out due to its obnoxious hosts (constantly bragging about their food), rude behavior (I was always taught that it was rude to eat in front of others without offering food to everyone, and it really is not all that interesting. Why waste an hour of my time when I can find similar information on the Internet if I am interested?

If you are going to have a cooking show, do it either with a smaller audience so that you can feed everyone, or do it without an audience. I detest cooking shows where the audience looks hungry. It is unpleasant to watch.

I have no interest in watching the replacement show for One Life to Live - Revolution. Once again, if I want that kind of informational entertainment fodder, I will log on to the Internet.

One of my favorite songs is a speech called "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen). In that song, they say "Don't read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly." Same goes for watching TV shows that try to tell you how you think you should look or should want to look.

Tim Gunn (one of the Revolution co stars) lost me the minute he said that 'looking good may result in you having to wear clothes that are uncomfortable' on Mondays with Marlo. At the age of 55, I have no desire to spend the rest of my life being uncomfortable in clothing or shoes just to impress others. I have no desire to ever hear any more advice from Tim Gunn.

ABC TV can take its shows and stuff them where the sun don't shine. General Hospital has become to weirdly violent. After OLTL goes off the air, about the only thing that I will be watching on ABC is the 5 p.m. local news. I figure the only reason that it is still good is that Disney-run ABC TV network has nothing to do with it.

November 18 2011 at 4:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
riyadhrose

I think it was a big mistake to cancel AMC & OLTL....esp to replace it with The Chew. How many cooking/talk shows do we need? Bring back the soaps!

November 18 2011 at 2:06 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
chasrusso

Of all the cast members on AMC, Lucci has the least to worry about, career-wise. She's famous enough to do other series and TV movies, but most of the cast will just disappear into obscurity and be out of the business very quickly.

November 18 2011 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
falcon38a

I have watchedThe Chew" twice... it is horrible! What a dumb concept. At least 2 of the stars are so annoying. I don't The Chew as as being a long running series. ABC needs variety, not just talk shows all day long. Also, if I want to watch food being prepared, I watch the Food Network.

I always enjoyed days off from work when I could tune into All My Children. ABC screwed up big time. AMC was the best daytime drama on television and it is a pure sin what a few ABC execs have done.

November 18 2011 at 12:43 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Emily

I'M GLAD IT WILL BE ON THE INTERNET ALTHOUGH ALOT OF FANS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE IT THAT WAY IF THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER. MAYBE THEY WILL SEE THAT THE CHEW IS NOT POPULAR AND BRING IT BACK ON TV AGAIN. GLAD THAT SUSAN LUCCI WILL CONTINUE BEING ON THE SHOW.

I ALSO LOVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE

November 17 2011 at 11:29 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
debra7up

Susan.. don't worry.. nobody believes the damn reporters anyway.. Everybody loves you.. in person you are a wonderful person, have talked to you on HSN.. saw you @ Rockerveller center.. years ago with your Mom.. love youuuuuuuuu.. Always somebody making a STINK about something!!!! love love you...........

November 17 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
redvelvet0228

This not Fair , I HATE the show of CHEW That whip-pee show , I Don't Watch the Stupid CHEW . ALL WE WANT THE ALL MY CHILDREN BACK SHOW . THE ABC IS LOSSER . ABC WILL U PULLING THE ALL MY CHILDREN BACK SHOW PLEASE !!!

November 17 2011 at 10:54 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply