April 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Eric Stonestreet Thanks 'The View' for Hooking Him Up With His Girlfriend (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Nov 18th 2011 3:00PM
Eric Stonestreet plays Cam on 'Modern Family,' and does such a good job in the role that many viewers are convinced he's gay in real life, too. But that's not the case. Stonestreet told 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) the last time he was on that he was "openly straight," and as it turns out, that line helped him meet his current girlfriend.

Stonestreet updated the ladies on his relationship status when he stopped by on Friday. "I didn't know it at the time, but one of the people watching that show that day was my now-girlfriend, and when I met her she was doing a show on Broadway called 'Rock of Ages,'" he explained. "I kinda always felt like I had to dig myself out of a bit of a hole, and tell girls know that I'm actually straight. But she was like, "Oh, I was watching 'The View' and saw that you weren't gay!' And we're still together."

harolddundee

He showed how hard up he was by being on a crappy show like the view.

November 20 2011 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Coach

get rid of elizabeth hassleback and all the other narrow minded people on that show it would be good

November 19 2011 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

now only if Barbara Walters would retire and the rest would stop talking over each other this show could be the best talk show on TV. But as it is now it is impossible to watch

November 19 2011 at 8:02 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
smps603

...this goes to show what a great actor Eric is......it takes guts to play gay when you're straight ...

November 19 2011 at 7:15 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
zzyxx

the view got me turned off on television.

November 19 2011 at 7:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
greetingstou1

It sounds like this guy should just play straight roles to me if it is causing him problems and putting him on the defensive so much. This reminds me of when Harry Hamlin played a gay character so well, people thought he really was, so his agent somehow got him made Sexiest Man Alive for People magazine to make him straight again.

November 19 2011 at 6:41 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
goplies2u

Wow what are the odds that someone from a political group would do a verbal putdown of a Hollywood actor with a positive non-political story?

Why is that every story has to become politicized?

Can't we all just get along and leave out the labeling and politics?

November 19 2011 at 5:32 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
goatcars2

Wow...What are the odds?/ A left wing loon Hollywood type finds his liberal tree-hugger soulmate on a left wing loon TV show....Who woulda' thunk it???

November 19 2011 at 5:13 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to goatcars2's comment
MR.RICK

you sad bitter little miserable person. kill yourself loser!

November 19 2011 at 5:24 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply