October 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Wilma Chained Up a Child, Continues Emotional Abuse on 'Hoarders' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 22nd 2011 6:00AM
Wilma, 'Hoarders'A messy house and a problem with hoarding are the least of Wilma's issues on 'Hoarders' (Mon., 9PM ET on A&E). The woman talked so casually about chaining her son to his bed that you'd think she was telling a pleasant childhood memory. Even all these years later, she still doesn't get that it was wrong.

And then, with her children on hand to help with the clean-up effort, she proceeds to concur that she basically resents them for ruining what she wanted to do with her life. "I have given up my life -- what I wanted to do in my life -- to raise them," she said right in front of them.

Wilma doesn't love her children. They were a burden and a bother. Now, they are a source for resentment and bitterness. It's an incredibly difficult thing to hear. We'd love to say just leave her in the house with her misery and give the afterfund care to those children to work through being raised by her, but we're supposed to be better than that.

edwardjlambert

I have never seen a more evil person than Wilma. I feel for her poor children, but I think the only way they will find peace is to flush that fat bitch down the toilet with that delapidated house. I swear, if I was there helping clean, I would have smacked her across her ******* face. She's not crazy, just mean.

January 17 2012 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raejean

And I thought the last one was crazy! Didn't see this episode and it's probably a good thing. I agree they should give the aftercare support to the kids and to hell with her. Let the house fall down and crush her beneath it.

November 22 2011 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy K. Johnson

Re: that woman, Wilma, on "The Hoarders" (which I don't watch), as I watched the clip shown here about her chaining her son to his bed, I just kept thinking, "My God, what if there'd been a fire?" Was the woman really that stupid and hateful that she would put HER CHILD in such a dangerous position? And, then, to admit to her hostility toward them for preventing her from "doing what she wanted with her life"? So, what did she want to do with her life? She had those children...they didn't just pop out and ask her to be their mommy! I was 19 when I became pregnant with my first child, but I knew from the moment of his conception that I was a mother and I loved him from that moment on. He's now 41 and my daughter is 33. I love them dearly and I'm thankful to say that the feeling is reciprocal. Ms. Wilma is just plain sicko and she made herself that way with all her hatefulness. It's a cancer and will kill her one day.

November 22 2011 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SB

OMFG I wanted to reach through the TV and hit her! She better be careful, her children will be choosing her nursing home someday!

November 22 2011 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mcarty5

Authorities know now....who is going to turn the other cheek and let this insane women live in this world without retributation? Dear children....walk away...run as fast as you can and leave your pain with her. Go out and make a good life for yourself. She likes the power she has over you...don't be victims any longer...be survivors!

November 22 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
marcinereed

She had a choice if to have or not have the three children, what a B___h! in a big way! the children need the help not her! they need to be able to mend their lives after hearing something like this after all these years how hurtful can a person be, The WOMAN is CRAZY !!

November 22 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Sekinu2

This lady after seeing the show is a menatl nut and does not belong in the open public. I hope they had her evaluated and committed after the show. She should also be in jail for the cruelty she has put upon those poor animals.

November 22 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
kjcain8125

Wilma's children are abused and it's not their fault. I would love to be their mother.

November 22 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Megan Putnam

Perfect example for "thinning the herd." There are some people that are beyond help. She is probably collecting social security or disability and lucky us...we get to pay for it.

November 22 2011 at 11:49 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
dbjsch

Did any of you see this program? That b!tc# was actually SMILING while she watched her daughter cry. And her poor sons! And to think they showed up to help her. I wouldn't go near that woman for the rest of my life if I was one of her children. I thought my mother was bad but she couldn't hold a candle to old Wilma! And it took me until I was a lot older than them to realize I wasn't ugly or stupid. I feel so sorry for them. The emotional torture she put them through and is STILL putting them through is despicable. She deserves to live in her filth among the other vermin that have taken up residency with her. They're probably the only things that can stand to be around her, being of the same character and all. If I was one of her children, I would RUN, not walk, away from that woman and never look back. She deserves to live the rest of her days alone in that hell-hole she calls home. And I know this isn't my call, but I think she should get used to the words "hell" and "home" being used together. Now that it's out in the open, I sincerely hope the people from the show use their resources to help the children to get on with their lives without that woman. I pray they find themselves and learn to love themselves in spite of all she did to destroy them and their spirits. I hope they learn to believe in themselves and the warm and loving and worthwhile people they are.

November 22 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply