July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Chaz Bono's Fiancee Horrified at Death Threats He's Received (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 28th 2011 4:30AM
'Being Chaz'This week's installment of 'Being Chaz' (Sun., 8PM ET on OWN) took us back to the fallout from the announcement that Chaz Bono would be joining this latest season of 'Dancing With the Stars.' His fiancée Jennifer Elia was shocked and horrified at some of the comments that came through Twitter.

It is amazing how much hatred some people can have in their hearts. Certainly, the Internet has made it easier for these people to spew some of the most horrific and terrifying bile toward others, and Bono received plenty, including threats of physical violence and death.

"I don't think its worth it to do this show if he's gonna get shot," Elia said. "I don't want him to die for a cause."

Greg

God, both of these people are ugly as sin!
Get a life hell I was threaten everyday in A-stan and Iraq, what did I do? Cry?? Laughing
No, I got on with my life and my job..23 years served

This person is an "IT" CONFUSED AND MISLEAD!
I would not waste my time with these people and let them be stupid together in peace

Out!

November 29 2011 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

From watching the show , Becoming chaz AND being chaz . And the oprah show on him , they seem like decent people . There wasn't ANYTHING these two said in four hours already that annoyed me .

They are kind decent people , they do not hurt anyone so I dont understand why anyone would want to hurt them . Go find the Craigslist killer , who i still at large if you want scum . Spend your time putting hate where it belongs . And the person who posted those posts on Twittter should get jail time . Leave them alone , they aren't bothering anyone .

November 28 2011 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Linda's comment
Linda

really* annoyed me .

November 28 2011 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

They are kind decent people , they do not hurt anyone so I dont understand why anyone would want to hurt them . Go find the Craigslist killer , who i still at large if you want scum . Spend your time putting hate where it belongs . And the person who posted those posts on Twittter shoud get jail time . Leave them alone , they aren't bothering anyone .

November 28 2011 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

It really stuns me that people think its ok to make a big deal if you change your sex. Ya know, it disgusts me that people would throw death threats just cuz hes a guy now. Really??? chaz is just another person living in this world like everyone else and he has be threatened?? its his life and hes happy with it. people need to back off and stop making threats. How would you feel if you got threatened just because you changed your sex?

This lifestyle today is so messed up. People make a big deal about anything and its annoying. Go make a big deal about something serious. THIS ISNT SERIOUS!

November 28 2011 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
catlikherr

sonny bono did not kill himself. he would if he was living today. who killsthemself by skiing into a tree?

November 28 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lee.butler@y7mail.com

It stuns me that anyone would issue a death threat over something as trivial as being transgender on a tv show... it's insane. And no I don't actually care if it's real and no I don't even care if the person would've followed through with it, the words matter and the words in this instance mean that someone was willing to think for a moment about killing another human being for doing something that wouldn't have any impact upon their lives whatsoever. I cannot understand the stupidity of bigots, I just can't. there is no reason on this earth to be a bigot, it makes no logical sense and if you think that it's just fine to be a hateful bigot because your god said too, then you don't know anything about your god because he and his son would be ashamed of you.

November 28 2011 at 6:56 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lee.butler@y7mail.com's comment
catlikherr

i dont understand why someone would make death threats on the internet knowing they can be found by the federal police force. i do understand the hatetred but i would never send a threat note. how dumb is that. chasity bono shouldn't worry about the death threats shes reading. i hope not but there is probably a lot more thets not sating a thing. thats the ones i would worry about.

November 28 2011 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
valerie

i found it truly out of line when the finacee said "no wonder your daddy killed himself." i am not sure how this comment is relevant because i remember sonny being popular ... where is the connection?

November 28 2011 at 6:50 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to valerie's comment
catlikherr

when i read the story on him when he died they said he was skiing and he run into a tree.

November 28 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to catlikherr's comment
aresluver

She didn't say it. Rather she was reading one of the horrible idiotic comments that some "person" posted. I just don't get all the hate for anyone that's different from everyone else. We're all human and that's the only part that should matter.

November 29 2011 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
elwoodlr

There are bullys everywhere what this person or persons does with their life is their business. I may not agree with a persons life style or what they do . That in no way gives me or anyone else the right judge or belittle or threaten them. After all no person is perfect in Gods eyes and it shows every day by how people display their cruel and warped way of thinking .

November 28 2011 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to elwoodlr's comment
catlikherr

god dosnt approve of this lifestyle either but he wouldn't send threats he'd just take you out if he wanted. hes waiting for judgement day and then he'll do his job.

November 28 2011 at 8:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tootiepatoot

My advice to the couple would be to keep a very low profile and report any threats and live their life and be happy. Sometimes when you do something different like the surgery, it is best to keep it to yourself and stop trying to make people aware. A lot of crazies come out of the cracks and will make your life miserable. Only surround yourself with people that truly like you for yourself whoever that may be. Good luck kids!

November 28 2011 at 6:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tootiepatoot's comment
catlikherr

they are not kids. they are grown people. two women and what they doing is wrongbut i dont want somebody to kill them.

November 28 2011 at 8:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
robsphase

Not a he, it's a she. Just because you change the logo on your Ford to a Chevy doesn't make it a Chevy, it's still a Ford. This is the problem I have as well as many others. SHE is lying to everyone trying to say SHE is a man. It takes a whole lot more than hormones and surgeries to make you a man. Starting with you must have been born a man! What's also disgusting is using this to make a career out of it. Now we know why Sonny skied into that tree. You should be proud of what you are, not what you change yourself into. So when will she be the second person to claim to be a man having a baby? It's just not true, there are already enough liars in the world!

November 28 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to robsphase's comment
catlikherr

its like a poster posted once before. "if they dig her up a hundred years from now doctors will fond femal DNA.

November 28 2011 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply