August 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Robyn Gives Birth to a Healthy Son on 'Sister Wives' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 28th 2011 4:00AM
'Sister Wives'Robyn brought another baby, her first with Kody, into the extended family, and the cameras of 'Sister Wives' (Sun., 9PM ET on TLC) were there to catch every moment. Kody, an old pro at this by now, was by his wife's side as she delivered at home and in bed. It was a much smoother and more serene looking birth than what you usually see in a hospital room.

The new mother's face lit up as the baby was brought right away into her waiting arms, umbilical cord still attached, and before they could even begin to clean their new son up, he let out his first healthy cry. It was a beautiful moment for the couple and the entire family.

jzetty

Watching this show is like watching a train wreck. I can't believe these women would put up with their "husband" sleeping with three other women. Where is their self respect? He certainly is no prize--they all could have done better. By the way, what does he do to support this whole crew? I'm sure that TLC contributes a hefty sum, but you would need great resources to support all of these children, not to mention the running of 4 households.

November 29 2011 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SandieH

Yuck, yuck, yuck. I can't believe these ppl have their own show, and likely making major money from it??!? I won't watch it. I feel like if I would ... I'd be condoning this life style. No can do! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 28 2011 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lacey

The only person in this situation that benefits is the "husband". Situations like this are just a man's excuse to dab his quill into numerous inkwells and not have to sneak around. These women are being used for his own selfish purposes. Nothing but a harem.....

November 28 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Dee

Disgusting people and immoral and you may as well say they're a cult because they are. Those women have no self esteem.

November 28 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
happyjoyjoy333

As far as their lifestyle goes......I feel everyone is entitled to have their own beleifs and practice their religion, just as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
Firstly, What amazed me was how Robyn made the process of giving birth look so natural and easy. I delivered in a cold hospital setting with strangers all around and no family present (they weren't allowed back then), and I felt scared and alone. I would have loved to have a baby they way she did. She is a woman with a lot of quiet dignity, and being able to be there via Tv was special, because she has such a quiet dignity about her.
And secondly, I was so touched about Robyn offering to be a surrogate for Meri. That was so sincere and so heartfelt, and I hope Meri accepts the offer because I know how much Meri wants another baby.

November 28 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
sgt2b

Vomit

November 28 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
svrvllwatkins

digusting situation a ugly insecure man who thinks he is a king with his harem of loser women who could not hack it in a normal one on one marriage with a nomal man. That is the bottom line and yet they have their own TV show that no one wants to see, up there with the kadashians, all ego and vanity at it's best.

November 28 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
svrvllwatkins

November 28 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoanneVLavender

Nothing like broadcasting your most intimate moments on TV for the world to watch, is there?

November 28 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
brandma6585

Not my cup of tea, but they take care of each in an "it takes a village" sort of way. I would rather have this lifestyle than people bringing unwanted children here who are neglected or abused. Besides there is so much disfunction in families today that this is a piece of cake compared to some.

November 28 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply