July 30, 2014

'The Revolution' Takes Over 'One Life to Live' Timeslot Starting Jan. 16

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 28th 2011 2:05PM
The Revolution Premiere DateABC's 'The Revolution' will replace 'One Life to Live' starting 2PM ET on Mon., Jan. 16.

The series features Ty Pennington, Tim Gunn, Harley Pasternak, Dr. Jennifer Ashton and Dr. Tiffanie Davis Henry, a team of experts that will help transform a woman's life.

Each week, the show will follow a woman and the experts over the course of five months as they work to change various areas of the participant's life.

Pennington will offer encouragement and design expertise to help foster an environment that will allow the participant to live a better life. Gunn will help develop the woman's style and Pasternak will help make fitness a part of the woman's life. Dr. Ashton, an OB-GYN will address health concerns and Dr. Henry, a therapist and relationship expert, will guide the women and couples in an effort for forge healthier relationships.

'One Life to Live' ends Fri., Jan. 13. The series was supposed to move online thanks to a licensing deal with Prospect Park, but those plans fell through.

"After five months of negotiations with various guilds, hundreds of presentations to potential financial and technology partners, and a hope that we could pioneer a new network for the future, it is with great disappointment that we are suspending our aspirations to revive 'One Life to Live' and 'All My Children' via online distribution," Prospect Park said in a statement. "It is now becoming clear that mounting issues make our ability to meet our deadlines to get 'OLTL' on the air in a reasonable time period following its January 13, 2012 ABC finale impossible."

bdavis5159

I think this is a really great show, gives good information on many topics. I would really like to be on it. I tell everyone about it.

March 08 2012 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janice Jezak

ABC Disney have dropped the ball with this show replacing their number one soap show. Lets see if it lasts 40 some years NOT

January 19 2012 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LORI

Hello everyone.
I have to say, I started watching the program on Monday. I think it is GREAT!!!!, the tips is geared to everyone. I have lost 25 lbs and have it off for 22 1/2 years. I did it with Weight Watchers and I am a Weight Watchers employee for 22 years as an instructor. Since Monday I have been talking your show up to my members. I would just like to say Bravo!!! it is so informative.
Lori Zimmerman
Lorizimmerman18@gmail.com
or
tumpkins18@2ol.com

January 19 2012 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MyView

I hope you do not take the show off the air just because a few people are unhappy to see their soap cancelled. You know you cannot please everyone! I have never liked soap operas so I am thrilled some have been taken off the air and replaced with shows like "The Revolution". I like the show and plan to watch it when I have free time.

January 18 2012 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

I would also like if you start including the 60 Year olds we are not dead yet and very active.

January 18 2012 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrsfrogs4u

I am very disappointed in todays show on breast health
You completely left out women in their 60s the decade where most breast cancer is found
& women who have been going for mammograms for 20 years & very concerned about their breast health
Also a demographic who are semi or totally retired who would be a major part of your audience
Shame on you

January 18 2012 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

Good grief! Any idiot could chose better progams than these flops. "Th Spit" with the skinny ugly woman, man with constant annoying laugh, fat bald guy with a pony tail and ugly plastic shoes. Why would I watch these no names when I could chose Rachel Ray? "The Revolting" is gay cantral, don't need a gay guy to tell me how to dress or decorate. ABC has done an over haul and replaced the tried and true legacies with garbage. No more Regis, Oprah, Desperate Housewives, AMC and OLTL. ABC is a has been for me. I refuse to watch them any more.

January 17 2012 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne Daniels Lantz

@Harley Pasternak, I'd like a 're-play' or description of the abs-resistance exercise you did with Tye Pennington. I can't seem to find a repaly on this segment. I'm always looking for new ways of training. Best of luck with the new show! Thanks,

Anne

January 16 2012 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charles&Claudia

ABC Will not ever grace my Television from 1-3 daytime. I will never watch these shows. I know many people that feel the same as I do. Tired of all these crappy shows. Bad enough we have all this stuff in prime time. Now they push it at us when we all want our soaps. Forget it ABC!!!

January 13 2012 at 11:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Christine

I am so tired of talk shows, doctor shows, health shows......Hate the fact they've cancelled AMC and OLTL. Very few interesting things to watch on daytime TV and prime time is getting just as bad, especially ABC

December 28 2011 at 11:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply