July 30, 2014

Could 'X Factor' Judges Nicole Scherzinger and Kelly Rowland Swap Shows?

by Laura Prudom, posted Nov 29th 2011 7:20AM
Nicole ScherzingerOn this side of the pond, 'X Factor' judge Nicole Scherzinger has become known for her questionable song choices, rambling critiques and the ability to make every comment she gives to contestants somehow relate to her own career.

Needless to say, there are some viewers who would be glad to see her gone from the judges' table.

According to British tabloid Now, they may soon get their wish, with rumors swirling that Simon Cowell is considering a job switch between Scherzinger and former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland. Rowland joined the judging panel on the UK version of the show this season, but audiences have failed to connect with her the way they embraced the exiled Cheryl Cole.

A source reportedly close to production told Now, "Simon thinks [Kelly] will be amazing on the US show. Nicole's had a mixed reaction in the US, so there's talk of a job swap."

To add fuel to the fire, Rowland has been quoted in Britain's Daily Mirror downplaying the possibility of returning to the UK show next season, commenting, "'X Factor' next year? We'll see. I definitely would love to go on tour though, so that will be my focus for next year."

Rowland has had her share of controversies on the UK series, having skipped a week of live shows due to an illness and spent much of the season butting heads with her fellow mentors.

Though Rowland has had little commercial success outside of Destiny's Child, Scherzinger has carved out a successful niche as a solo artist in the UK, where her recent single, 'Don't Hold Your Breath,' debuted at number one on the British chart. Her debut album, 'Killer Love,' peaked at number eight across the pond, but has been subject to a number of delays in the States.

Since Scherzinger has proven herself successful on the other side of the Atlantic, there could be some logic in Cowell exchanging his chess pieces, although we can't help hoping that the music mogul rebuilds his bridge with Cheryl Cole and brings her stateside in place of Rowland next season.

Would you miss Scherzinger as a mentor/judge, or do you think Cowell should make a change?

Kathy

Oh please please get rid of ALL ABOUT ME NICOLE and Please dont send her to England my country wont want her either. What a miserable self serving bitch she is. Marcus was good but not to be teh JUDGE she is being paid to be is astonishing. Letting the viewers decied when she should have had the guts is moind boggling. I hope they DO NOT keep hern on next year. If they do I will nto l;isten to a word she says. Paula blew it last week when she let Drew go but Rachel should NOT have had tpo go tonigjht she is a far better talent than Marcus is. Nicoles carrer has just taken a big nose dive and I am sure Simon is very sorry she replaced Shery Cole. Why I will never know as we could clearly understand her. Rachel is going to be a HUGE star and Nicole will fade away like teh nothing she is.

December 09 2011 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louisdd79

I AM STILL CRYING. IF SIMON DOESN'T GET RID IF THAT BITCH. HOW COULD NICOLE DO WHAT SHE DID.
SHE SUCKS. JUST REMEMBER NICOLE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.
SIMON PLEASE LET HER GO. SIMON I HOPE YOU GET THAT BEAUTIFUL GIRL THAT WENT HOME A RECORD DEAL. SHE IS AWESOME. I WOULD BY EVERY CD SHE MADE.
I LOVE YOU SIMON, BUT KICK THAT BITCH OFF YOUR SHOW.
RACHEL CROW IS THE BEST ONE ON YOUR SHOW.
NICOLE SUCKS.......

December 08 2011 at 11:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Eddi

Nicole is an idiot she let go Rachel Crow on X Factor. I watched both X Factor US and UK and Kelly is way clasier and smater when it comes to making decision. Nicole go home

December 08 2011 at 9:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Eddi

Nicole is an idiot if you watched how she let Rachel Crow go youwill agree Kelly Rowland way classier thant this idiot

December 08 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dimanche

Removing Scherzinger is what XFactor needs in order to remain credible in the US. She is inconsistent and does not serve well as a mentor. She seems to be self serving; and not focused on what works best for the artist. The artists need constructive feedback; and she only provides her preferred artists what they want to hear. Lousy mentor --- get rid of her!!!!

December 08 2011 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christy

GET RID OF HER! She does not know what she's talking about, she rambles, and honestly I'm annoyed everytime she opens her mouth. Her critique is always off. GET RID OF HER!

November 30 2011 at 11:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hollywould64

Don'tchu DARE get rid of Nicole !! BAD MOVE !! Ya need to keep the Young Blood in order to maintain that demographic of viewership... besides, she's on frickin' FIYAH right now; X-Factor should keep her, just to ride her wave for a little while; but very importantly, I've reeeeally appreciated the fact that Nicole and Paula have awesome chemistry... hard to find pussycats getting along so well in the entertainment industry; a catfight between judges would simply take away from the show. As for the emcee--he's fine and dandy; not making a spectacle of himself, and pretty much keeping low-key, thereby hi-lighting the contestant. I've gotten to like L.A. better than I like Randy who tends to get a little too... "street" for me. However, STEVE TYLER IS STILL MY FAAAAAAAVORITE JUDGE EVERRRR !!!!!

November 29 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drmlwatts

UK Version needs to stay over there, this is the USA, Simon Cowell, Makeing your Mark on XFactor is Joke,
just do the show or have other do the show,one day you like someone the next you don't, get real Simon. she as you are or better,you just got the money to make you look big, back off and do you job right, yes Simon your job, you work for us out here, you should get rid the RAP CRAP KID, and this Annowncer he is so Goofy, where he come from,i know i know you got him didn't you Simon, it a good show and you are messing it up.

November 29 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
k1vitali

Are you kidding me!!! Nicole is a princess, beautiful, loving, giving and the number one reason I watch the show. My favorite part of the show each week is when she first walks out from behind the curtain; she takes my breathe away each time.

November 29 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dbrnrdeb

Good night Nicole, yeah it's time to go. This panel of judges are a joke. We need to see judges who know how to critize the singers and not say "I think this is your best song of the night". Let's hear, you sound horrible, you need to go home and take additional voice lesson. Show these contestants that the world of music is not pretty, but harsh. Take Astro, "if they don't like me, they should send me home", well little boy TAKE YOUR ASS HOME (when you make it in the rap world call me I will be your payroll friend). Drew and the Dixie Wannbee needs to leave ASAP as well as the what's his name MC (very boring). The only contestant that has a strong chance of becoming a 5 mil winner is Josh. Please no more musical shows, I have had enough.

November 29 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dbrnrdeb's comment
Cheryl Everett

For someone who's 'had enough' you sure do have a lot to say.

November 29 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply