December 20, 2014

Betty White on Kissing Neil Patrick Harris and Her Birthday Wish

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 30th 2011 11:00AM
Betty White InterviewBetty White is kissing and telling.

The 'Hot In Cleveland' (Wed., 10PM ET on TV Land) star planted a wet one on Neil Patrick Harris on 'Live! With Kelly' -- video is below -- and now she's revealing all about that instant-classic daytime kiss.

"Oh yes, a very good kisser," White said of the 'How I Met Your Mother' star's smooching skills in a red-carpet interview with AOL TV. "Not that I go around doing the research, but that's not a bad idea."

On 'Hot In Cleveland,' now in its third season, White plays Elka, the cantankerous caretaker of the home now occupied by Joy (Jane Leeves), Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) and Victoria (Wendie Malick).

After more than 30 episodes on the hit series, White said her favorite part about Elka is one she can relate to.

"She doesn't take herself seriously, so nobody else can take her seriously," she said. "If I start taking myself seriously, just invite me off the planet."

The 89-year-old actress is approaching her milestone 90th birthday this January. To celebrate, NBC is hosting a birthday party for the TV legend, and TV Land will air a special birthday episode of 'Hot In Cleveland.' But what does White really want for her big birthday?

"Just to keep things going as they're going now," she said. "It's one of the highest spots of my life."

'Hot In Cleveland' Season 3 premieres Wed., Nov. 30 at 10PM ET on TV Land

sworth5487

Bless her heart, you gotta love her. I can't remember a time in my life that she hasn't been around somewhere.

November 30 2011 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mount carmine

huffpost sucks

November 30 2011 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crvos

When Doogie finds out her plumbing isn't what he's used to, the smooching will stop! The star of "How I Did Your Brother" makes me want to gag!

November 30 2011 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy

Betty White is a Living Legend! I still watch the reruns of the Golden Girls all the time. Now I watch Hot in Cleveland. She is Hilarious. Keep up the great work that you are doing. We Love You!

November 30 2011 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
connieonit

I love Betty White & hope she lives forever.

November 30 2011 at 7:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
holt222ster

My goodness, the guy is GAY.. I don't care, but let's keep it REAL!

November 30 2011 at 6:53 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Helen Freeman

Betty White is my hero, and I will tell you why. She is 59 years older than me, and she is very upbeat, carefree and doesn't let anyone or anything bother her. She also is a HUGE animal adcovate, if I had the will power that she does, I would own 20 of each animal on this earth, just so I can preserve life! ( Yes I am an animal lover, but the only way I can help is to be prayerful, which isn't a bad option either! ) So all that are bashing Ms. Betty White, stfu, and compare your life to hers when you turn 90, cause I ain't going to have a crumb toward what she has! Respect your elders! With everything she has, she should be the one you respect the most!

November 30 2011 at 6:43 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
hman570

Hey at her age it must have been a thrill for her!! Betty is just one great person and gives so much of herslef to everything she has done in her time on the air waivs!! Keep going Betty, we still love ya!!

November 30 2011 at 6:40 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Lawrence G

Old ladies like loving Too.

November 30 2011 at 6:36 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
tbird57lover

She's disgusting..........

November 30 2011 at 6:12 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tbird57lover's comment
hman570

YOu have no class either. You should live to her age and accomplish 1/3 of what she has done in her life time..

November 30 2011 at 6:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply