April 18, 2014

'Biggest Loser' Contestants Ramon Medeiros and Jessica Limpert Plan to Marry

by Catherine Lawson, posted Nov 30th 2011 8:35AM
Ramon MedeirosIt seems like 'The Biggest Loser' could teach 'The Bachelor(ette)' a thing or two about finding real love on a TV show. Earlier this week recently eliminated contestant Ramon Medeiros told Wendy Williams that his time on the show was well spent. He lost a ton of weight, inspired his family to get fit with him and fell in love with fellow 'Loser' Jessica Limpert.

Now, in a refreshing change from the big rings and flashy engagements of other reality TV stars, he's told 'People' magazine that the couple plan to wed, but not just yet.

"It is in the cards for Jess and I to get married," Medeiros said. "But it will be in the future. We're a new couple, and we're going to just get into the real world now. I want to take it a little slow. We're not going anywhere, so we're going to be together for a long, long time."

For her part, Limpert told Wendy Williams that she went on the show for the sake of her health, not her love life, but found a deep connection with Ramon. "I was able to connect with him on a different level ... We're not outside in the real world dating, where you're showing off your good parts ... we're showing our bellies, and our fat, and our depression," she said.

Medeiros -- who lost a whopping 87 lbs while on the 'Biggest Loser' Ranch -- says that he and Limpert were good friends before they became anything else. So, could the warts-and-all start to their relationship help the couple avoid the break-up curse afflicting the oft scantily clad alumni of the TV dating shows? (Yes, we mean you, Ali Fedotowsky, Jake Pavelka, Emily Maynard, Zora Andrich, Jason Mesnick, Andrew Firestone, the list seems endless ... )

Medeiros told 'People' that he's motivated to keep the weight off and hopes to qualify as a personal trainer. He says he's been sticking to a similar workout schedule as on the Ranch, running three to five miles a few days a week and lifting weights three days a week.

"I'm going four to six hours a day," he said. "It's less than on the Ranch, but it's what works in the real world." He's also watching what he eats: "It's about changing your quantity and doing everything in moderation."

'The Biggest Loser' airs Tuesdays, 8PM ET on NBC.

Follow Catherine: @TVClaw.

Kevin and Debbie

I'm very happy for them. They seem like such nice people. I wish them both the best in life and love.

November 30 2011 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mom4matt

I feel bad for Ramon, you could tell he was falling in love and honestly she didn't look at him the same way when he arrived at her house when he got voted out. I think he's heading for heartbreak. I do hope I'm wrong though!!

November 30 2011 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey

I hope all geos well!

November 30 2011 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
raymondjj70

Raider fan going to marry a Steeler fan? Something isn't right

November 30 2011 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mschievly

he seemed like a nice guy on the show hope he's happy
but felt he was a little too wrapped up in the young lady and needs to think of himself also
he seemed more keen than she---so i sincerely hope she returns the complement!
As on the show felt like he was going a bit fast for her--as the whole love "feeling" was new to him!

take your tie young man! if its meant to be it will happen--concentrate on being healthy and on your profession!

p.s.--he does look good!

November 30 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cin64np

I couldn't stand either one of them on the show. Every week I was hoping they would send Ramone home. I'm glad they lost their weight though. Good luck to both of them.

November 30 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
golfinkatiekat77

I am so incredibly tired of the viciousness and venom being spewed by fat-haters out there. It is, quite frankly, unbelievable to me that people actually feel justified in this level of cruelty. I guess I continue to underestimate peoples' capacity to rip each other apart. But for those of you out there who seem to want to be so preoccupied with my weight issues, let me say this: yes, I have a problem. A frailty. A fault. I would venture to guess that you do as well. We live in an imperfect world, populated by imperfect people. We all have our weaknesses. The difference between me and the guy who can't commit to a relationship or the woman who spends too much money on shoes, is that MY fault happens to be the first thing you see about me when we meet. Before you know that I am smart, or funny, or an awesome mother, or a loyal and devoted friend, you see that I am fat. I wonder how you would feel if your greatest weakness was announced before you ever spoke a word when you meet a new friend on colleague. Would you be embarrassed? Ashamed, even? I wonder. This much I know; my frailty is a failure that affects primarily me. I battle it every day, and some days are more successful than others. I do believe that the day will come that I will overcome it. But even if I don't, I figure if my biggest failure is my inability to make a good decision about what I eat for supper, and your biggest frailty is your willingness to rip another person to shreds because they are not attractive enough to meet your standards, I will take my failure, early mortality rate and all. I would prefer to be a fat woman with compassion and integrity any day.

November 30 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse +9 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to golfinkatiekat77's comment
ANGELMOM

These relationships work becasue they have shared the lows and worked thier way up..The B shows need to learn that.. starting in a mansions with every expensive thing at thier disposal no wonder they dont work.. they go back to real life and actually have to do somethiung for themselves.. congrats Ramon and Jess.. have a great life.. You deserve it!

November 30 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pacei

I am happy for the couple. It was fun watching the program and how the relationship came together. They will be a great support u nit to each other. People don;'t understand that the world is a different place when you are a larger person. Rejection, self hate, insecurities alot of issues, so it's refreshing to see two people able to get past that and fall in love. FYI I am not overweight, a very trim and fit person, I just care about others and are sensitive to needs. MANY people have problems, such as additictions to alcohol, drugs,. Go out on their partners, adultry etc.. For the overweight person their problem is easily observed and judged. How many people do you walk past in a day you dont even know that have more severe issues than being overweight and you don't think anything about it because you cans SEE their problem.

November 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Darren

is he going to get his own cake??

November 30 2011 at 10:15 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply