December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Lifetime Introduces Us to 'America's Supernanny' Deborah Tillman (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 30th 2011 3:30AM
'America's Supernanny'When Jo Frost's 'Supernanny' ended, you might have thought there'd be no more parenting advice on television. Even though Frost isn't happy about it, Lifetime nevertheless introduced us to Deborah Tillman, dubbing her 'America's Supernanny' (Tue., 9PM ET on Lifetime), and she's got techniques that have been proven to work for her and the people she's helped.

One of those is the Calm Down Corner, which we saw implemented first-hand with a young child. It's a matter of consistency and patience, which this father learned first-hand. By the time Tate exhausted himself trying to leave the Calm Down Corner -- after 106 escape attempts -- Dad was literally drenched with sweat.

Good parenting and a good workout? That sounds like a win-win!

pastrpatti

I watched the show. I won't again. It was horrible! This new "nanny" is just plain annoying.

December 14 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa Werth

I am saying she is not a real nanny, because I am a real American Nanny. The genuine work as a team with our bosses, not act all high and mighty. We wouldn't last in our jobs if we came in to the situation with this attitude. I can guarantee as a Yankee in a rural northern state no Black Woman helped raised my ancestors at Tonya wants to think. If anything my parents and their friends have used these great techniques she introduced DECADES AGO.

December 01 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TONYA

Interesting most of you are saying she's not a "real nanny" could the reason you are saying this is because she is A BLACK WOMAN. I think you need to go back in your history books, or better yet take a deep look into your family's history. I can guarantee a black woman probably helped raise your Great-Great grandparents, Great-grandparents, and your Grandparents as well.

November 30 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sekinu2

What a joke. This show sucked and this woman has absolutly no idea how to handle kids..This show is done before it started without Jo.. This lady is just horrible..who dressed her Michelle Obama? lol

November 30 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sugarcoats

She isn't a NANNY!

November 30 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sugarcoats

She isn't a nanny.

November 30 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patti.poet

I will not be watching. The new woman sounds like a sports coach. We loved Jo Frost. You all are crazy at Lifetime!!! Jo Frost was a miracle worker. No, I will not be watching. Not the same good vibes.

November 30 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bethebestnanny

Here's my review

November 30 2011 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
celienet

That was a JOKE! Jo Frost was MUCH better.

November 30 2011 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
celienet

That was a JOKE! Jo Frost was MUCH better.

November 30 2011 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply