September 3, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jim Parsons Was Duped into Hugs and Kisses With a Fan (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 1st 2011 3:00AM
Jim Parsons, 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'One of two things will happen after Jim Parsons' appearance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (Weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC). Either the woman who ran up and abruptly hugged and kissed him as if she knew him will never get away with that particular move on a celebrity again, or this will become a new trend for star-spotters.

All you have to do is run up to them, as this woman did, and scream out their name like you're a long lost friend. As Parsons explained, "She comes up and pretends that she knows you and you're too nice to be rude and go, 'Who the hell are you?'"

Oh, we just thought of a third possibility. Celebrities might decide they need to be ruder to strangers just in case it's this woman lying in wait, or someone who wants to emulate her technique.

Mike Nguyen

Wow, that woman is pathetic.

January 01 2012 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
victor_jimenez14

la guente mas dura te los estado sonido

December 01 2011 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
victor_jimenez14

klk

December 01 2011 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DictionMary

LOL His story had me cracking up!
But I so agree with him. Obviously, I'm no celebrity.. but I H-A-T-E when people violate my personal space. There are people I see that I went to high school with and sometimes they run up to me and try to hug and kiss me on the cheek. ABSOLUTELY NOT! lol I have to catch myself when I'm about to scream DON'T TOUCH ME and just grab their hand before they go in for the hug.. *shudders*
I have a feeling that lots of celebs are like this too.. that's why if I were to ever meet one I know how it feels. Just a hello and a handshake. LOL

December 01 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hoofus42

Well, Mr. Parsons, you'll either have to get used to it or quit being so darned funny and talented, LOL!

December 01 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cindyde

that guy looks like a puppet a ventriloquist would use..i like how he said "Hi" haha

December 01 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heidi Ann

I don't know. If some stranger came up to me and gave me a kiss and acted like they knew me, I'd be bothered by that. The person obviously needs to learn boundaries. It's like people think they have the right to do things like this. For crying out loud, they are just people who act. Nothing makes them better or worse, they just are who they are. I'd tell the person to back off. Actors have to deal with people violating their space and this is just inappropriate. If you wouldn't do it to someone not famous, you shouldn't feel you have the right to do it to someone famous.

December 01 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aleighcat

Maybe it's because I'm a "hugger" (not the tree variety, though) myself, I personally wouldn't have a problem with *anyone* coming up to me and greting me with one.....even a peck on the cheek would be okay with me. I can understand if it was a complete impromptu make out session, but what's so wrong with another human being greeting you so warmly, even if it's someone you don't know?! I've actually had one instance of someone coming up behind me and putting their arm around me to pull me in for a hug, only to realize that I wasn't who they thought I was! They were very embarrassed, but I just laughed and said, "Hey, I never turn down a hug!" Sometimes people just need to get over themselves and quit taking life so seriously, I think. To each their own, but I'm always willing to give anyone needing one, a hug!

December 01 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BRUCE

Next up "Woman sues Jim Parson for sexual harassment"

December 01 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
qcontinuum178

There needs to be boundaries even with celebrities. Politely approaching someone and speaking with them, asking for an autograph or picture is fine. But, none of us would want a complete stranger yelling our name in public, run up and grab us. I can't imagine why we cannot allow a celebrity the same leeway to refuse to be touched by someone they don't know.

Being famous shouldn't require someone to give up all rights to personal privacy.

December 01 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to qcontinuum178's comment
aleighcat

Please don't speak for me, it wouldn't bother me at all! Being "felt up" or "frenched"? Now...that's another story altogether........

December 01 2011 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply