October 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Somebody's Been Tracking Trina on 'Braxton Family Values' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 2nd 2011 12:00AM
'Braxton Family Values'When Trina's phone started acting a little wonky, Gabe had an explanation, but it wasn't one she wanted to hear on 'Braxton Family Values' (Thu., 9PM ET on WE). It turns out that her husband snuck a program onto her phone that allowed him to track her movements via GPS, and otherwise see what he was doing.

Obviously, this was not okay with Trina, nor should it have been. This is a clear violation of her privacy and of the trust that's supposed to exist within their marriage. Trina turned it back around on him, though.

"You keep checking on me because you're not doing the right thing. That's what that is," she said. If he's so unable to trust what she's doing, Trina figures, it must be because he can't be trusted himself. Why else would he think someone would just throw away the bonds a marriage is based on?

What do you think? Is there any circumstances -- other than perhaps medical ones -- under which this would be okay?

mistykay13

What? Who are these people? Why do they have a TV show? Both look like trailer trash to me. Does anyone watch this show?

December 02 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

UH NO!!!.......I had an ex-husband like him and if GPS had been around back when I was married to him OMG I am sure he would have used it. Thier is nothing appealing about a spouse who has such low self esteem that he would have the need to try and monitor a partner like that. I would say it's rather scarey when you really think about it.

December 02 2011 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colfla

Wow, if it wasn't for articles like this, nobody with a life would even know this show was on a cable network.

December 02 2011 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

Oops, thought this was about a "star"; forgot almost everyone's a 'star' these days.

December 02 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
kimbalyah513

You know she really should divorce Gabe. I saw the show last night and he is acting really stupid. He admitted cheating on her for 5 years of their 8 year marriage and he has the nerve to act like he doesn't trust her by putting GPS on her phone. He was acting like a sex addit on the show. Trina should really kick his cheating ass out and move on, he could still be cheating on her and just not saying anything. Cheating should not be tolerated under any circumstances in any relationship, that only shows that when the person got married to their spouse in the first place they have no intentions of being loyal or faithful. If it was me that man would have been gone a long time ago.

December 02 2011 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lishead7

This show is trash, take it off the air NOW.

December 02 2011 at 11:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Truth

Gosh some of you people are so harsh. Sure "star" is a bit exaggerated, but more people know her than know any of us. So I supposed that qualifies her.

Anyway, Gabe is taking things too far. Spying on your spouse is not okay.

December 02 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
busymissnanci

There is no reason why two married adults should spy on each other. It is mor than creepy, it is dishonest. If the spouse cannot be trusted, maybe he/she shoudn't be a spouse???

December 02 2011 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to busymissnanci's comment
kimbalyah513

Yes, that is what I said.

December 02 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
monicatg

Who? What the....? Braxton Family Values? Never heard of it. I'm assuming their values are in the realm of cheating, distrust, and paranoia. I was hoping this was going to be a story on someone I've actually heard of before. Someone who is actually a 'star', not a reality puppet. And, I was hoping her husband had done something a bit more Bond Villainish like slip a tracking device into her sushi or hair extensions.

December 02 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Sun

GPS isn't all that it is cracked up to be. My home, via gps is another address, so perhaps somewhat accurate, but not exact. However, that is not nice. If it is for security, safety that is not an issue. Sometimes, when losing my phone, I wish I had the GPS turned on. My daughter had it on her kid's phone, for safety. They know it.

December 02 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sun's comment
kimbalyah513

Right, it is okay to use it for safety purposes like to keep an eye on your children, and they know it so that is good to watch out for them. But a grown woman does not need her husband spying on her because he is probably still cheating on her. He is paranoid because he is probably doing something he knows is wrong. Trina is right to blow up at her husband the way that she did. There is NO trust in that relationship at all. They should call it quits.

December 02 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply