October 31, 2014

Castiel Returns to 'Supernatural': Your Angelic Prayers Were Heard

by Maureen Ryan, posted Dec 5th 2011 6:45PM
'Supernatural' fans, Castiel is coming back to the show for at least three episodes in 2012.

A spokesperson for Warner Bros., which makes the CW show, said that Misha Collins, who plays the fan-favorite character Castiel, will return in the current season's episode 17. Depending on how many breaks the show takes before it airs the seventeenth episode of season 7, Castiel could be back on our screens by February or March.

Castiel will also appear in two subsequent episodes, but the spokesperson did not say which episodes those would be.

"Please note that there's really nothing else that we are able to add about these specific episodes or the details of his return at this time," the Castiel publicity missive said. So you know as much as we do at this time.

UPDATE: Read Collins' comments regarding Castiel's return here.

Are you happy about the return of Castiel? As fans know, he was last seen after he was taken over by the Leviathan; he disappeared into a lake and had been presumed dead (although as fans of the show know, death is rarely a hindrance to the reappearance of a character).

Please come back tomorrow for more 'Supernatural' news: I'll share my thoughts on the excellent Dec. 2 episode of the show and will have an announcement regarding my weekly reviews.

Follow @MoRyan on Twitter.

Evelyn Aguilar

What an amazing episode!!! Cass is back!!!! Wooooohhhoooo, that´s one of the best things that can happen to this show right now. Please, have Misha Collins as a main character. I adore him!!

April 01 2012 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alyssa Wolcott

Oh. my. god. THAT was by far the best supernatural episode I have ever been fortunate enough to live to see. He...*tears up* comes back!!! Oh glob. Today I saw the hunger games movie as well. Who needs drugs when you have amazing shows and movies like these? Please, oh please add him as a main character. Like Meg said, the boys need backup now that they don't have bobby.

March 23 2012 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tamelalee

Yay... best Supernatural of the SEASON!!!!!!! Keep Cass on the show!!!!!! PLEASE

March 23 2012 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kayla Poland

Castiel may not be a character that everyone likes, but if you look at him from different perspectives you can see that he is quite important. And yes, he doesn't have much of a personality and his emotions are... Too human and too inhuman at times, but overall, Supernatural portrayed Angels really well with Misha Collins' character. The other Angels could have used a little more work, but Supernatural has one of the best portrayals of Angels I have seen so far. You have to really pay attention to Castiel on the show and then you'll understand.

March 12 2012 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michaelrobbins1989

I'm so sad castiel is only going to be in three more shows. I'm begging you please stay on the show. If he leaves the show for good it will be the end of supernatural I fell safe in saying. Ever since he came on to the show in season for fans just fell in love with him he is by far the collest charcter on the show. Also I have to say this cas people love you as the angel castiel I under stand u want to go on and do other things but please stick around and do the show.

February 25 2012 at 10:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
banditsrubyangel

I like Misha Collins, but I've always felt he was wasted as Castiel. That deadpan personality just didn't do anything for me, but Collins had to play the role as he was directed, so I don't blame him. I loved hippie Cas in The End. Regular Cas? Meh. Flame me if you wanna, but even Misha said last year that he wondered why all the other angels had personalities except Castiel. He was too polite to say it, so I will: bad writing. The writing on the show is terrible, and has been for the last 2 years. Bringing Castiel back so his minions can drool all over him is not going to improve things, but his rabid fanbase is happy, the loud 20% is happy, so to heck with the rest of the fans. So for at least 3 episodes the show will be about Castiel and his pet humans again? Big whoop. In the last two years half a million viewers have stopped watching SPN. That should tell Gamble, Kripke and the CW something. If Castiel was so popular, and he was such a sure thing, why didn't the CW give him his own show? Because they know he can't carry a show on his own, even with his cult following. Casbutt is interesting only when he's bouncing off the Winchesters. The rest of America would have looked at The Castiel Show and said thanks but no thanks. Quick cancellation, no matter how many letter writing campaigns his fans dreamed up. As much as I love Sam, Dean and Bobby, I'll pass on the rest of the season. Hmmm, American Horror Story, Leverage and True Blood are looking pretty good to me right now....

February 24 2012 at 1:59 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Rosebud Sanchez

Castiel comes back????? Hoorah!! Dreams do come true!!

January 29 2012 at 12:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
an_re1

Personally no I'm not. The show was great this season and I think Castiel's story line is old and should finally be wrapped up for good. I hope the writters will bring closure after this return once and for all.

January 10 2012 at 4:51 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to an_re1's comment
LaPierre

I have to disagree with you. This season, for me, has been the worse they've written. I didn't really like season 6 either. It is hard to top stopping the apocalypse and all they've done is kill off a couple of the most beloved characters. Sam and Dean can't carry the show by themselves anymore. Sam's mystery is gone and Dean is an *******. The group dynamic is what makes this show so great, and two of the four characters are "dead". The story telling has been way to slow regarding the Leviathans and I feel the season has been full of filler episodes until episode 9. And if I have to hear another word about Amy I'm going to scream, she's absolutely unimportant. Quite honestly I want Cas to return human with Hell and Heaven gunning for him.

January 11 2012 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cristina Armoa

It is more I want to castiel come back to take care of dean and sam, if it goes out badly in a hunt, that castiel of his touch and it cures them and there is no fear that dean or sammy estan dying, but up to there, and that on having returned cas it brings to the life bobby for dean and sam

January 10 2012 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cristina Armoa

Escriba su comentario aquí
love to castiel but I am conciente that the show is on dean and sam and the others are those who help and take care of them, so I do not want everything centred on angels. I want to castiel as an angel of the guard who takes care of dean and sam when the things become ugly and they call to asking for help, but not that centred on topic of angels, not demponios, not nothing of e4so, everything is always dean and sam and the others help them

January 10 2012 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply