August 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kelly Ripa Humbly Requests That Derek Hough Never Wear a Shirt Again (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Dec 5th 2011 6:30PM
In her search for a new 'Live!' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) co-host, Kelly Ripa was coupled Monday with 'Dancing With the Stars' pro Derek Hough. Although Hough failed to take home the Mirror Ball Trophy this season for the first time in 'DWTS' tenure, he still had a pretty good year. 'People' named him one of their Sexiest Men Alive, and Kelly just so happened to have a copy of the magazine on hand.

In Hough's photo-spread, he's hanging shirtless from a steel beam with his pants looking like they're about to fall off. Kelly shook the magazine and did her best Regis impression, yelling, "C'mon! Everything is defying gravity, darn it!"

When she asked him about a few shirtless stills she had pulled from 'DWTS,' Hough said, "I'm not one of those guys at all, except for this season I thought, 'You know what, I'm just gonna ... wear a jacket today.'" But Kelly had a better suggestion, "You should never have a shirt on for the whole run of that show!"

p j

It's so awful how jealousy makes others so mean and hurtful without a thought for what anyone else may be feeling or going thru. Can you imagine how much pressure Kelly has on her tiny little shoulders now..and, it's not as if she asked for it either.
I admire her for her warmth , her cheery personality, she's always talking about her family and you can tell she really is sincere. She doesn't appear to be phony, sleazy or cheap the way some Tv personality's are. She has standards that are rare from celebrities of today.
Give her time, she will definitely fit comfortably in the hostess seat. I get so upset when everyone wants perfection from day one, especially from a woman..like they did Katie when she anchored CBS news..well, now you have another white guy to go blah-blah-blah and I guess everyone is happy.
I'm a very capable woman and there is no way in the world I could even begin to take on the responsibility that Kelly had handed to her. I applaud her and wish her all the best in life, with her family as well as her career.
I wish other women would realize we should be supportive of each other, we truly need to be a champion of our own gender..you know we are strong,loving, responsible, super women and should care about each other and gain strength from each other. Peace and love to all...

January 15 2012 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aubri

Actually he won 3 times before..

January 15 2012 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aubri

Actually he won 3 times before..

January 15 2012 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tstar1064

Not all of us are as excited as you are about the Kardashian group.. we can forget them very quickly

December 26 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JustDl Betty

Kelly Rippa is sad and annoying enough with Regis, but alone, she is a horror. They had better find a new main host FAST.

December 07 2011 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skatingbigfan

Oh stop it. He is cute and I would have done the same thing. It was just a joke and i'm sure he felt good from it. Thank Ripa for showing that pic. I need to get that Magazine. lol

December 07 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to skatingbigfan's comment
Mark D

I liked her A LOT when Regis was still on the show, and thought she'd be fine after he left.

However, I think I have to agree with you........she needs a strong co-host by her side to share the spotlight, otherwise she becomes a bit much....

January 09 2012 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ro

The show now that, Regis Philbin left should get Kelly Ripa gone.
They should replace her with Derek Hough and his sister.
Now we be talking!

December 07 2011 at 12:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paulsgal916

WOW, talk about a bunch of haters.

December 06 2011 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply