November 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kristen Johnston Talks About Her Airplane Feud With Octomom (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Dec 5th 2011 2:30PM
Kristen Johnston stopped by 'The Wendy Williams Show' to talk about her new TV Land sitcom 'The Exes,' but before she could get to that, Wendy wanted to know all the details of her airplane scuffle with the Octomom, otherwise known Nadya Suleman, that made tabloid headlines in July.

Johnston had the bad luck to be on a flight with Suleman and her eight screaming children that was delayed on the tarmac for two hours. "It wasn't like children screaming and crying, it was like, they were just unhappy and loud," Johnston described. Johnston admitted to marching to the back of the plane to talk to the Octomom, who she found reading a magazine. Johnston told her to "get better control of your kids or get better help."

Although it had been reported that Suleman responded by saying, "Why don't you grow a baby and get a life!" Johnston said that Octomom simply looked up and asked, "What am I supposed to do?" When Wendy asked Johnston if she had any kids of her own, she joked, "No, which is why I yell at them."

Lfeldmansf

Where does supposedly impoverished Octomom get the $$$ to fly her and the eight children anywhere?

December 06 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bbh907

People need to get a grip on their kids and I don't care who they are. I applaud Kristen Johnson for saying something to octomom,even if there were no results.Their disruptive behavior,while "MOM" is doing nothing but reading a magazine,was,most likely,typical.Sad to say.Just hope it wasn't a long flight,especially after sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours.

December 06 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pomonaaj

I see alot of people getting upset with kids and parents for kids crying and whining. Hello! That is what kids do. If someone came to me and told me to get my kid to shut up I would tell them to F off. And Continue to tell them to F Off until they leave or attack me. Once I am attacked I will defend myself. So all those people crying about children doing what they do F OFF

December 06 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to pomonaaj's comment
ironcyde

You're an idiot.....

December 06 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherri

And this is EXACTLY why people like you shouldn't have kids. Your first response is to tell the person to 'F off?" Really? That's what you want to teach your kids when confronted? Ignorance breeding Ignorance.........

Everyone knows kids have their moments, but GOOD parents discipline them if they are acting out of order NOT ignore them which is probably what they do at home to begin with. How about good old fashioned parenting for once. Try it out and help the world out.

December 06 2011 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry and Mandy

She had a right to express her displeasure about the 8 kids being loud and restless. I have to admit that after 2 hours on the tarmac I would be loud, restless, and upset. You don't have to be a child to be frustrated with the airlines and their ridiculous waits on the tarmac. Really, what was Octo supposed to do? Gag or drug the kids? It is just one of those umpleasant situations we all have to live with in our crowded world.

December 06 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Terry and Mandy's comment
bbh907

She could have tried to occupy her kids by reading to them,or playing a game with them or something instead of just looking at a magazine and doing nothing .

December 06 2011 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scottjameslewis

Octomom should of stood up and planted her fist in Kristen J. face Octomom ur a hot one

December 06 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
tr00fdetector3

Wendy "was like?"

December 06 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam Curcuro

And then Octomom turned the page of the magazine she was reading and nothing happened! And then everyone lived happily ever after, except Kristen who spread the news far and wide and bored zillions of people!

December 06 2011 at 12:13 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sam Curcuro's comment
Bobby

maybe if you were on the plan yourself you would feel differently.

December 06 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
avispcc

Cripe, I would be screaming and crying too....at least adults can have a drink!

December 06 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
ae12wrangell

This was/is news? God! Why?

December 06 2011 at 11:59 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jnicholsmd

this is an good example of how most parents act reading a book?

December 06 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply