August 20, 2014

Exclusive First Look at 'Rob,' Rob Schneider's New Sitcom

by AOL TV Staff, posted Dec 5th 2011 10:30AM
In his new sitcom, 'Rob,' which arrives Jan. 12, everything seems to be going well for Rob Schneider's character. At first.

After a whirlwind romance, the landscape architect ends his bachelor status by eloping with a gorgeous woman named Maggie (Claudia Bassols). Then comes the hard part -- winning over Maggie's overprotective, close-knit, Mexican-American family.

The comedy, which Schneider based in part on his real-life marriage to Mexican TV producer Patricia Azarcoya Arce, also stars Cheech Marin and Diana Maria Riva as Maggie's wary parents, Eugenio Derbez as Hector, the family's black sheep and Rob's only ally, and Lupe Ontiveros as Maggie's Abuelita.

As you can tell from the clip below, getting used to Maggie's family won't necessarily be easy for Rob.

'Rob' premieres Jan. 12 on CBS.

Jorge N

It is comedy, just enjoy and have a laugh. If not your cup of tea just don't watch it, stop being haters!

January 06 2012 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cabalistico

I remember the same comments for George Lopez the first season of his show back in 2002, all the people saying that the show would last no more then 1 season, they made 6 seasons!! And now on 2012 we still see the show in cable on 2 different channels at the same time.

January 05 2012 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skytriss

I was in one of Rob's last movies, "Duece bigalow,European Gigalo". I played the large woman, Marlene Altmire. He is a great guy and an awsome person, and I personally, find him very funny.
I believe he is what is known as is a cult actor...,if you don't like Rob, you won't appreciate his comedy. I'm not just saying this because I had a part in his movie. I have had my own following for years, but for every million who love you, there are others who don't. I look forward to seeing his show, and I suggest people stop being so judgemental...in this insane world, sometimes its a good thing to laugh just for the sake of laughing.
Regards, Skytriss

December 06 2011 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evan B

The premise sounded kind of interesting, so I was hopeful when I watched the clip.

Ugh.

December 05 2011 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mate

Will never watch a Schneider comedy. EVER. He is only good for bit parts in the whatever devolving Happy Madison movie that somehow gets made. It boggles the mind how this can be on whereas Community gets benched.

December 05 2011 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Henderson

Wow... that's AWFUL looking. Sad that this is the shite they greenlight.

December 05 2011 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taylor Graham

Really...that's the best they could show?

I really don't see this doing much better than How to Be a Gentleman. When's the last time anyone's been interested in seeing Rob Schneider in anything (besides Adam Sandler)?

December 05 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply