September 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Giuliana Rancic Looks at the Bright Side of Her Fight With Cancer (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Dec 6th 2011 2:45PM
Giuliana Rancic somberly announced Monday on 'Today' that she would be getting a double-mastectomy in her fight against breast cancer. Rancic and her husband Bill stopped by 'The Wendy Williams Show' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) on Tuesday, and tried to look at the bright side of her scary health situation. Rancic talked about the disease and her path forward, and had a few laughs about her treatment and Kim Kardashian's wedding.

As part of Rancic's double mastectomy, which will dramatically reduce the chance of the cancer's recurrence, she'll also be undergoing a breast reconstruction. "I'm doing reconstruction at the same time, so they might come out looking even hotter ... Bill helped pick them out and everything. I'm like, 'Bill, that big, really?' He always said he wasn't a boob man, but that's not true," she joked.

The conversation then turned to Kim Kardashian's wedding. The Rancics attended the festivities, but because they were busy with Giuliana's cancer announcement and treatment, didn't have time to buy a gift. They had planned to buy Kim and Kris Humphries something after the wedding, but now, that won't be necessary. "Actually, now, high-five, right?" Rancic said, having a good laugh. It's good to see her smiling.

Jc2009USA

Prayers to G and Bill. She is a nice person and they both want children and she needs to just take care of things and get on with their lives...wishing her well - and thank you to Bill for being a guy that is present and supportive to his wife...and not just what she looks like - stand up guy.

December 07 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
red

THE VICTIMIZATION OF GUILIANNI HAS HELPED HR CAREER I GUESS BUT I CANT GET OVER THAT STRANGE MOUTH SHE HAS...I CHANGE CHANNELS WHEN SHE COMES ON.

December 07 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sase42011

I have so much respect for these two. They have faced many an obstacle but still remain loving and faithful. What a blessing. My prayers go out to them for a successful surgery and quick recovery. Hopefully they will become parents one day soon. What a lucky child that will be.

December 07 2011 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sase42011

I have so much respect for these two. They face obstacles and still remain loving and faithful to each other, what a blessing. My prayers go out to both of them for success of surgery and quick recovery. Hopefully one day they will be parents, lucky child that will be.

December 07 2011 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kae

It's so wonderful that she is staying so positive during this entire ordeal. I'm sure there have been a lot of difficult days behind closed doors, but it seems like they're keeping a positive attitude and making the best decisions they can. All of the best to them!

December 07 2011 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I am a huge fan of G's, she is a wonderful person in every way and I can't wait to hear the news someday that they finally have the family they desire, whether they adopt or have it naturally.

December 07 2011 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply