September 17, 2014

Larry King's 'Dinner' Reveal: Freeze Me When I Die

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 6th 2011 11:15AM
Larry KingLarry King may not be afraid to ask the questions everyone wants to know, but there is one thing that scares him.

The 77-year-old newsman told a unique group of celebrities about his fears and posthumous desires during 'Dinner With the Kings,' a CNN special that aired on Sun., Dec. 4.

"Oh I fear death," King told his guests, including Conan O'Brien, Tyra Banks, Shaquille O'Neal, Seth MacFarlane, Jack Dorsey, Quincy Jones and Russell Brand. "My biggest fear is death, because I don't think I'm going anywhere."

King said he doesn't have a belief system, so he thinks he's going nowhere when death comes knocking on his door. However, he did say over a meal prepared by Wolfgang Puck that he has a plan.

"I want to be frozen on the hope that they'll find whatever I died of and bring me back," he said.

O'Brien latched onto King's mortality statements and pressured him for more.

"It's the only hedging of a bet," King said about being cryogenically frozen.

Check out a clip below. Thanks to TheWrap for the heads up on the video.

melody.williams

If your dead already when you are frozen well duh ur dead dummy you can't be brought back.The trick would be to be frozen while still alive and thawed out later and see if you live through that.

December 07 2011 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

"Mr. Suspenders" in a reality show? Goodbye Larry, not ever listen to you again.

December 07 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
plass4010

Larry's commentaries always left me cold.

December 07 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pnut166

He looks already frozen, and freezer-burnt.

December 07 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lxixwithu

What? Larry King is still alive?

December 07 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mccloudnj

The trouble with being frozen and "brought back" is that you have to hope someone out there likes you enough to thaw you out. >wink<

December 07 2011 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

Looks like he died a long time ago.

December 07 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
no7mk1

....he looks like he already has been.......dead and frozen...

December 07 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
grangrand

I watched a special on television several years ago about this and they said there was a very famous woman and her dog that is cryogenically frozen in California . .. I have often wondered who this might be .

December 07 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dodsworth Fandango

I don't blame him. He's got the money, so why not? If the human race can avoid destroying themselves, the future could very well be pleasant. Imagine what a trip it would be to be brought back in a time of flying cars, intergalactic space travel, no disease, no wars, etc. I think the whole idea sounds like a pipe dream, but ya never know.

December 07 2011 at 10:43 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply