October 2, 2014

ABC Puts 'Man Up' Down

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 8th 2011 3:30PM
Man UpThis looks like the end for 'Man Up': ABC has pulled the comedy from its schedule.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the struggling freshman series will be replaced by reruns of Tim Allen's new sitcom 'Last Man Standing.'

Since its debut to 7.7 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in October, 'Man Up's' viewership has dipped as low as 4.8 million and a 1.6 rating. Production on the show's 10th episode has wrapped and THR reports the network could air the produced episodes this summer.

In September, AOL TV's own Maureen Ryan called 'Man Up' one of the least promising shows of the year.

So far this season, ABC has canceled 'Charlie's Angels' and the future of 'Pan Am' is in jeopardy. The network has not released an official statement about the future of 'Man Up.'

'Work It' will take the 'Man Up' timeslot, Tuesdays at 8:30PM ET, starting Jan. 3.

Tell us: Will you miss 'Man Up'?

AEdwards

TERRIBLE decision ABC. :(

April 25 2012 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephen Dietsch

I really liked this show. The cast had great chemistry from the pilot episode on. How often do you see that? Last Man Standing gave me a laugh or two per episode while Man Up gave a laugh every couple of minutes. Like the episode where Grant plays Angry Birds: "That pig must die!!!"

April 06 2012 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
norman

It"s a shame that good shows like man up are not on cable tv. Network tv is over and so is that reality crap they keep pushing on the public selling it as entertainment. Rest in peace network tv.

April 02 2012 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Levi

I loved this show, it was honestly the funniest show out there... dumb move ABC

March 20 2012 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
twister

Man up is great. i loved the show. reality tv sucks...

March 20 2012 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Freddy

Man UP was great! ABC never gave it a chance........"Last Man Standing", well, I just can't get into. It's missing something.

February 25 2012 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly

What a crying shame! This is one of the best sitcoms every made. The writing is excellent and the characters are all acted to perfection. I can only hope that maybe another network will pick this show up - maybe USA "Characters Welcome". These characters surely fit that bill.

February 20 2012 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Puma

Bring back MAN UP!!! Great writing; very very funny!! I laugh out loud every time I watch it. And I like the fact that they are good parents and their kids are NOT obnoxious brats who talk down to their parents... BIG MISTAKE ABC; BIG BIG MISTAKE.

February 19 2012 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Puma

Man up is a great show and ABC is nuts for dropping it!! I laugh out loud every time I watch it! Very funny; great writing. AND I like the fact that they are good parents and their kids are NOT obnoxious brats who talk down to their parents. Way way better than Last Man Standing; I won't watch that show. BIG MISTAKE ABC, BIG MISTAKE!!

February 19 2012 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

ABC sucks. They don't know a good show if it slapped them in the face. Man up was hiliraious and got rid of it bc of ratings. How accurate are these stupid ratings.

February 14 2012 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply