November 26, 2014

Marg Helgenberger's Teary Goodbye to 'CSI'

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 8th 2011 10:20AM
Marg Helgenberger's Teary GoodbyeIt's been 12 years of blood, small fibers and gun powder residue for Marg Helgenberger on 'CSI,' but the time has come for her to say goodbye.

"It's been a fifth of my life, and it's been quite a ride," Helgenberger said in a new 'Entertainment Tonight' video. "How can I leave this? ... It's so much more than a job and that's why it has such an impact on me."

Helgenberger has played Catherine Williows on the CBS series since the series premiered in 2000. She's seen cast members leave only to return -- Jorja Fox -- and welcomed several new castmates, most recently Ted Danson. The cast is optimistic Helgenberger hasn't swabbed her last mouth.

"Every other day I'd make some joke about her staying," Danson said. "I totally get it. Eleven and a half years is a long time and part of you must want to strut your stuff elsewhere."

Helgenberger has flirted with exiting the long-running series for sometime, but officially announced her plans to leave in August 2011. Elizabeth Shue is joining the cast as her replacement.

According to EW, Helgenberger is taking home quite a few props, like Catherine's vest and badge. Her goodbye party featured a cake with edible photos of her past and present co-stars.

"From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the time of my life," she said tearfully.

Tell us: Will you miss Marg Helgenberger on 'CSI'?

lambsie334

WILL BE SAD TO SEE HER GO. I REALLY ENJOY ALL THE CSI SHOWS. MY FAVORITE IS CSI MIAMI. BUT, I LOVE THEM ALL.

January 16 2012 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BLONDIE

I will quit watching when she leaves. She was a class act. Just like I stopped watching CSI NY when Melina Kanakaredes left. They both made each show worth watching.

December 10 2011 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fine7760

I've can't watch any of the CSI shows. The acting and writing are terrible. Police Officers would never say those lines. I love crime shows like Law & Order, NCIS, etc. but this one and its spin offs just grate on my nerves. Ted Danson is a great actor but on CSI he stinks. I watched part of CSI Miami the other night. Who tilts their head to one side when holding a gun on someone?

December 09 2011 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelia

watched this show from the beginning when it started but when the old cast started to leave here and there I quit watching it I really liked the show when it first came on.

December 08 2011 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crlej

Marge was the only i watched the show ! I just love her!

December 08 2011 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ashumate3

So, is she going to exit taking over the family business, Sam Braun’s Casino?

December 08 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janew0330

Absolutely! Still miss William Peterson but am liking Ted Danson who is quirky in a different way. Would love to see Gary D. back. Will look forward to Marg coming back for a guest appearance.

December 08 2011 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to janew0330's comment
BC

Ooooh!...Maybe Dourdan's character could come back as a zombie..a genre-busting and somewhat original move...

December 09 2011 at 2:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie-Bug

Marg is legend AND class all rolled into blue eyes, red hair, and some sexy pumps. I'm so proud of her for all she's accomplished as well as being a positive role model for women all over. I wish her nothing but the best and hope to see her in some movies. I know she wants to do theater, and some NYC theater would be awesome since it's near my neck of the woods.

December 08 2011 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snjpage1

I wasnt sure what to think when Ted Danson was added to the cast but having watched it this season he has been a great addage to the show. He gives the show a more positive outlook.

December 08 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply