October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jon Stewart Responds to Bill O'Reilly Saying He 'Is Going to Hell' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 9th 2011 4:00AM
'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart'Wednesday night on 'The Daily Show' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on Comedy Central), Jon Stewart took issue with Fox News' coverage of a war against Christmas. He said then, "If there has been a war, then Christmas is the aggressor nation." Stewart is referring to all the other religions that have been pushed aside by Christmas.

Bill O'Reilly took to the airwaves to respond to what Stewart said, making a particularly bold statement along the way. "Now there is no question that Mr. Stewart is going to hell," he said abruptly in the middle of his discourse.

"I make my living watching Fox News eight hours a day," Stewart retorted on his show. "I'm already in hell."

mesadave

Jon and Bill are friends, so this is nothing new that they take jabs at each other. Its all in jest, people need to relax.

December 10 2011 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rev. Rob

To get to the meat of the matter, I'll come right to the point, and take note that the heart of this issue, in the final analysis, continues to escape me. In addition to the perpetual continuim of whatever knowledge I may gain in this experience, I do feel a conciousnous as to elaborate on the subject a bit further by attempting to convey to myself initially, before any aquired information would be shared, a validation pertaining strictly to each individual factor that has brought me to this conclusion. Furthermore, it is in my opinion, the collective awareness of all mankind can only be defined as the very reason we exist in many dimensions, both phyisical and spiritual, simultainiously, as we continue to create, relate, and debate, every possible question challenging all misconceptions over and over again, a fact which remains in order to keep a perfect balance throughout the multi-universe compendium we refer to as life. To understand this concept, one must free themself of beliefs instilled by teachings of others and rely only upon what is often refered to as common sense, which in every exibhition or circumstance concieved by man, we call reality. So, keep it real my friends. Hold on to it tightly. Enjoy the ride. Rev. Rob

December 10 2011 at 3:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
45647400

News alert Jon, Christians and Christmas were here first so they haven't been the Aggressors. You Jews came here after the fact and have been secretly undermining Christianity ever since, and the gov't and the banking system.

December 09 2011 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to 45647400's comment
tjmoe713

Racist ignorance the Jewish calendar 5771 years old. That's a little longer than we've been celebrating Christmas.

December 09 2011 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tjmoe713's comment
tjmoe713

That should be is 5771

December 09 2011 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
dbc369

That's an interesting take... since Christ himself was a Jew.

December 09 2011 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

Merry Christmas To All Of Good Will

December 09 2011 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cavlodek

I think Bill was being as comedic as Jon was. Lighten up folks.

December 09 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
todfrapri

Last night I watched that clip. Bill O Rielly's must have a direct line to God. Bill O'Rielly is Catholic. Did you know if you beg God for forgiveness on your death bed that God will forgive you. At least that is the Catholic/ Christian belief.

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. "Luke" Where does Bill O' Rielly sit?

December 09 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ohioman522

I think they play off each other just for ratings. Look how many times they've been on each others show.

@no2losers2..it's Jon not John..lol

December 09 2011 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Momma

obsessed? possessed? hmmnnnn

December 09 2011 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
no2losers2

I am sure that John will be as eager to take on Ramadan and other religious holidays as they come up - otherwise he would be targeting Christians only. And that's not what he is doing, right?

December 09 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply