August 20, 2014

'The Nate Berkus Show' Canceled, To End After This Season

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 9th 2011 6:33PM
The Nate Berkus Show Canceled'The Nate Berkus Show' has been canceled. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the current season, its second, will be the last for the daytime lifestyle show.

"I'm incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day," Berkus said in a statement.

The daytime talk show, somewhat of a spin-off from 'The Oprah Winfrey Show, is the lowest rated talk show on air right now. During the November sweeps period, it averaged about 1.4 million viewers.

"After careful consideration, we have decided that 'The Nate Berkus Show' will not return for a third season in the fall," Harpo Studios and Sony Pictures Television said in a joint statement. "We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we're very proud of what they've delivered."

'The Nate Berkus Show's' final episode will air in May 2012.

Berkus' departure leaves the field open for many new talk shows launching in the fall of 2012. Queen Latifah, Jeff Probst, Katie Couric and Ricki Lake are all set to headline their own daytime offerings.

Tell us: Will you miss 'The Nate Berkus Show'?

newcombgrosso

Can't believe his show is no longer . He is a blessing to me and I have Gotten so much from his show . God Bless you Nate !! They need to bring the show back, forget the other boring shows that do nothing for me (us)!!

February 05 2013 at 8:26 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dennis Travers

Short, cute and gay only goes so far with women, and some men. Got tired of hearing about his mother every five minutes, and sticking twigs on a cheap shield-shape board do not the hunter's inn make. Faboo hair however.

November 06 2012 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jojorez44y

I just found nate's show on my tv at 6am this past month, and because I work during day time hours I often miss shows that pertain to home and famiy. HGTV channel used to have programs for home improvement or beautification , not construction, buying/selling houses, but real shows that would be of interest to me, as well as some craft programs as now all night and weekends seem geard to men, not woman. There is not much to give me inspiration. Shows like Martha Stewart, which is now replaced by another home show, that I have watched 2x's and enjoyed, as well as shows like Marie with Marie Osmond, all are on at times I am unabe to view. It is almost like we are not important as working women because at night there is not much on the TV to help us make our homes more family friendly and comfortable like the day time show's contents provide.
It is sad that now, a program I can watch for inspiration, albeit at 6am, is to go off the air. So, again, I will not have access to family/home improvement (not construction or remodel) programs and idesa like the persons who are at home during the day have access to, and it is also sad, that we, who are working those hours and have disposable income, do not have the vieing pleasure of this type of prgramming that Nate Berkus provides
I do NOT like to get on the interenet after work hours (I dread using the computer after 8 hours of it at work)
Your advertisers and sponsors are missing out on a large segment of the population, women like myself that may use those ideas or purchase those products.... but without the inspiration or ideas, we are not able to know or have access to these types of programs and do not feel we are respected as at night a lot of news, sports, home construction or real estate purchases are geared toward a male auduence as well as on the weekends and the men are not the consumer you want to reach, it is us, the women , who are responsible for making a home bright, cheery and family freindly. So glad there is the library as I do not like the magazines with their 15 minutes of reading and lack of reality with ads and showcased items in what can and cannot be done in our homes, I mean comone, a blouse for $500? shoes for $800? endtable for $2,000?. Not for me!!!
Shows that used to be on saturdays, Design on a Dime, craft shows, I miss. When I would be home on vacation or a sick day, these day time programs are a delight. too bad not available more often for nightime viewing pleasure, And too bad for advertisers and sponsors that are losing out on a potential for presenting products, ideas and other concepts to persons like myself with the desire to utilize or purchase products to make my home more user friendly, organized and comfrotable. Love ya Nate. good luck in your future as you are an excellent designer and idea guy. Watching for any books you may write that reflect what you are doing and have done on your show.

November 01 2012 at 7:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claudie

PLEASE bring back the Nate Berkus Show!!! I miss it so much. I watched it every day and looked forward to what he would do. He helped people and inspired others. There are enough talk show on the air already. Nate gave us ideas for our homes that I enjoyed so much. So, please reconsider!!!!

October 08 2012 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claudie

Bring the Nate Berkus show back!!!! I watched it every day and when I couldn't, I would record it. He did so much to help people and give us all ideas. There are too many talk shows on TV and Nate's show was so refreshing for so many people. Now I just won't watch that channel.

October 08 2012 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave.marin

I was truly surprised that the Nate show was no longer in the air, I came across this show go threw the channels and loved it so much that I put an alarm in my phone to let me know that the show was comming on because I did not want to miss this show. I really loved his ideas how he helps people that don't know how to decorate to feel good about trying to do some decorating in their homes.. Am said that this show is no longer on the air. Nate I will miss your show. Am a father of 3 sons and they all love this show I have an 18year a 16year old and an 11year olds. My wife and I have always involved our sons in the decoration of our home and they just enjoy doing thier rooms as well.

Sincerly David Marin

October 02 2012 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jewellroland

so sad!!!! Love that show

September 28 2012 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pissonhuffington

oh well-what can you do?

September 22 2012 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pissonhuffington

oh well-what can you do?

September 22 2012 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caro

I really liked the Nate show, he was refreshing compared to some of the other lames shows that are on these days.

September 20 2012 at 1:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply