April 15, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Boardwalk Empire' Finale: Nucky's Showdown With Jimmy (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 12th 2011 5:00AM
'Boardwalk Empire' season finaleIt was a showdown two seasons in the making, and finally in this week's season finale, it was Nucky versus Jimmy on 'Boardwalk Empire' (Sun., 9PM ET on HBO). After all the damage and ruckus Jimmy has caused Nucky over the past season, it was inevitable that it would come down to the two of them.

Jimmy was once Nucky's right-hand man. He was the heir apparent to Nucky's bootlegging throne in Prohibition-era Atlantic City, but it just wasn't enough for Jimmy. Unfortunately, his ambition was more than his intellect could handle, and he found himself in over his head.

In the end, Jimmy never stopped talking, as if he thought he could sweet-talk his way out of his own execution. He appealed to the fact that Nucky had never killed anyone and asked him to consider the future when all this is done.

But this is a Nucky who's fully embraced his darker side. He shot Jimmy mid-sentence, and then told him as he was lying there, "I am not seeking forgiveness." Then he shot him again.

Be sure and return later today for AOL TV's exlusive Gangster Index for a more in-depth analysis of this season finale.

TheJosh

I enjoyed the episode, but felt the homages to The Godfather and Road to Perdition were a bit much for the finale. As much as I love the scene between Nucky and Jimmy in the rain, it was basically lifted from Mendes' Road to Perdition scene between Hanks' character and Newman's character...inevitable outcomes with characters resigned to their deaths because of betrayal (botched hits, etc).

December 12 2011 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladybugrobinson

I LOVE THIS SHOW TOO! I WISH I COULD PRODUCE A SHOW FOR THE NEXT NEW SERIES. CALL ME.....

December 12 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladybugrobinson

I wish I could be a writer for this series because I knew this would be the way this season would end. Nucky has always had a dark side but the true darkness is going to be seen when his Mistress shows her side. I believe that you can't get any darker than a woman scorned. Between Jimmy's mother and Nucky's Mistress there is a cloud hanging over Jersey City. I can see how next season will unfold before it even happens. Just ask me!

December 12 2011 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CrazieGirl919

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!

December 12 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jackiemorr

'HAIR' APPARENT???? Have you outsourced your writing to India or are you just taking articles from a 5th grader? (My apologies to 5th graders; they are smarter than the writers here.)

December 12 2011 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luzcadena

What's with all the typos in this article? Who wrote it, an 8th grader?

December 12 2011 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply