April 24, 2014

Christopher Meloni Officially Joins 'True Blood'

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 13th 2011 7:05PM
Christopher Meloni Joins True BloodIn the criminal justice system, sexually-based vampire attacks are considered especially heinous. (DOINK DOINK)

Yes, that means Christopher Meloni has officially joined HBO's 'True Blood' as a series regular. TVLine reports Meloni will play a very powerful vampire. This vampire just so happens to hold the fate of Bill and Eric in his very undead hands.

News of Meloni's involvement in 'True Blood' first broke in November.

After spending 12 years as Detective Stabler on 'Law & Order: SVU,' Meloni abruptly quit the show prior to Season 13. Danny Pino and Kelli Giddish were brought on as new 'SVU' detectives.

This is Meloni's first TV gig since leaving 'SVU' and it's a homecoming of sorts of Meloni. He appeared on HBO's acclaimed prison drama 'Oz' for several seasons.

Tell us: Are you excited for Christopher Meloni on 'True Blood'?

Sweetrue Red

I do not watch or even care to watch some lame fake show about vamps. I am saddened that he left SVU and the show will not be the same. He is a good actor. I hope he will come back to where he belongs. The role as Stabler fit him.

April 03 2012 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Velma Hinojosa

So upset Christopher Meloni signed on with True Blood I was hoping he would make a comeback to SVU it was my favorite show. I don't watch True Blood and don't know anyone that does, for one, you have to have HBO of which I don't and sorry, if he is not on SVU I am not watching it.

March 18 2012 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cntryman

Heck yeah, glad to see him on anything he chooses to be on. Miss him on SVU. He and Mariska made the show. Don't care what the other haters on here say about him, Christopher is AWESOME !!!! I'll sure go back to watching TB now.

March 10 2012 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cntryman

I look forward seeing Chris Meloni in anything he is in. He is awesome and I can't wait to see him in True Blood.

March 10 2012 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pam

I look forward to seeing Chris Meloni on True Blood. PERFECT!!!!!

February 06 2012 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doucettemot

Miss him on the show.,Benson&Stabler were the #1 partnership.

January 13 2012 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doan

TV News

December 27 2011 at 9:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ally

If Christopher is happy, I'm happy for him, he was great on SVU and all of us have reached a time for change. I love Danny from his work on Cold Case, MUY GUAPO !!!!! IT WILL STILL BE FANTASTIC NO MATTER WHAT.

December 21 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ally

I love the really clever vampire movies. The best of all time is Forever Knight, I was completely floored when they cancelled it, thousands of fans bombarded the producers, executives to no avail. Maybe someone with a brain will bring it back. As far as Christopher, if he's happy then I'm glad for him. However, I really love Danny Pino , I was so shocked they cancelled another great show Cold Case. Am very happy Danny is on one of my all time favorite shows.

December 21 2011 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

So Diego, let me get this straight, you would have thought more highly of Chris if he stayed with a show well past it's sell-by date, which gave him few interesting story lines, so that he could milk that cash cow for all it was worth? SVU would be off the air after this season if it wasn't on NBC. The ratings have dropped due to Chris leaving but, as it is all the network have, they are stuck with it. As interesting work and family time rather than money are his main motivations, it will be well worth the risk of leaving the show. Chris is a fabulous actor who has proven time and again that he has a wide range of abilities. He has been in much better quality work than the last four seasons of SVU for example. Maybe now that he has left this dying show he will be able to prove it to those who, up until now, have been too blinkered to see his talent. If you think his work is so poor, I don't see why you would be so irritated by him leaving the show. Surely you would be glad to see the back of him.

December 18 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sean's comment
Diego Dorian

I'm glad he left the show. He's a self agrandizing egomaniac who thinks he's worth more than 10 million dollars a year. Whether the show goes on or not, has nothing to do with his self adoration. If he's such a great actor, why isn't he making movies....real movies? TB doesnt hold a candle to SVU...with or without Meloni. I watched it for a good while, till I could no longer stomach Nookie with that gap in her teeth big enough for
Cleveland and that accent that would even disgust a southerner. There are real shows out there folks, Boardwalk Empire, Hell on Wheels, Son of Anarchy, Dexter, Walking Dead........why do you bother with this dribble? I'm sure if they upped his pay he would have stayed, ***** that he is.

December 18 2011 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply