December 19, 2014

'Ruby' Canceled? Future of Style Series In Jeopardy

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 13th 2011 10:15AM
RubyStyle has "no plans" to renew 'Ruby,' the hit reality show about Ruby Gettinger's weight-loss journey. According to EW, the network isn't closing the door completely on the series, but there are no immediate plans for a fifth season.

"We thank Ruby for sharing her inspirational journey with the Style viewers, and we look forward to her serving as a 'Fight with Style' Ambassador in the fight against obesity," the network said in a statement.

The fourth season of 'Ruby' debuted to roughly half a million viewers in March 2011. The finale featured Ruby heading to New York to visit with Rosie O'Donnell.

The show has been a part of Style's original programming line-up since 2008.

Tell us: Do You want to see more 'Ruby'?

suemillerjohnson

I loved Ruby, she was an inspiration and I hope she has continued to keep her weight down.

January 13 2013 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristi Pooler

I'm sad ruby wasn't renewed. Great show. I'd like to thank ruby for sharing her story.

January 01 2013 at 6:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
judyhop

Keep Ruby on the air! She inspires, period. Do it! You're welcome!

December 23 2012 at 12:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAK17711

I miss Ruby. Her successes were inspiring.
You left everyone wondering how she is doing.

December 18 2012 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fern Louise

Yes I would like to see the series about Ruby Gettinger continue, and hope she is keeping up her quest for better health. She is a beautiful person and i miss tuning in to her series that portrayed a woman with a lot of fight in her in order to win her life battles. Her friends and support system were quite interesting as well.

December 10 2012 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Micheala

I loved watching Ruby and I miss having her on TV; I wonder how she is doing; is she still losing weight or has she reached her goal. She inspired me to lose weight. Put Ruby back on TV!

November 20 2012 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JPW

I liked watching Ruby. Does she have a blog that we can read so we can know how she is doing?

October 27 2012 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judi Fash

I am heartsick that you have cancelled Ruby, her story is so inspirational. Please bring it back

October 17 2012 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gobagese1

I really enjoyed watching Ruby !! She gave me hope!!

October 16 2012 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shayna Holmes

I want to see Ruby ! I really enjoyed watching her show . Ruby made me laugh she made me cry. Bring Ruby back.

October 08 2012 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply