December 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'T.I. and Tiny': Taylor Swift Asks T.I. to Perform With Her (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 13th 2011 2:00AM
Taylor Swift, 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle'When he received an invitation to perform with Taylor Swift at one of her concerts, T.I. was conflicted. On 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' (Mon., 9PM ET on VH1), he talked about how such an appearance might impact his "street cred."

He was just days out of prison when Swift invited him to join her Atlanta concert. While he wrestled with a dilemma, saying, "The dilemma becomes street cred [or] Hollywood." He even went so far as to think about some people calling such an appearance "career suicide."

But T.I. decided to do it, though he was still cautious to make sure he kept it clean for this performance. "I could see the headline now," he said. "T.I. corrupts the minds of 20,000 youngsters at the Taylor Swift concert."

Instead, the pair surprised the crowd with a rendition of T.I.'s 'Live Your Life,' with Swift subbing in on Rihanna's part. And it wasn't career suicide for the rapper at all. In fact, it probably exposed him and his music to a whole different crowd than he was used to.

madlyfem

That was a very nice thing for her to do, and may be a turning point in his career and his life. Good for her. As for her voice, people criticized Frank Sanatra's voice too, but it didn't seem to hurt him. People are still buying his music and he has been dead for years. She has a timeless voice that will span the decades. When you are old, her music will still be around.

December 13 2011 at 9:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
madlyfem

December 13 2011 at 9:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
nshville12

So basically, there can be really good rap without cursing. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

December 13 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
saytihsbackwards

Officially done with taylor swift.

December 13 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
larry

What a surprize. I would have expected someone like the "no class" Kartrashians to ask T.I. on stage but---------------never Taylor Swift.

December 13 2011 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

she can not sing..what a weak voice all she has is looks...

December 13 2011 at 5:51 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cindy's comment
ROBERT W SELF

I'm sure you are better, when does your CD come out?

December 13 2011 at 7:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dc1tob

she is a hood rat at heart

December 13 2011 at 5:04 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
j5kevin550

"Street cred" is ridiculous.

December 13 2011 at 3:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply