The Show Girl
When Maggie Furlong is not at a set visit or conducting a celebrity interview, you can find her hosting AOL TV's weekly web series, The Show Girl. A self-proclaimed TV junkie and movie fan, she frequently lends her pop culture and entertainment expertise to the TV Guide Network, the New York Daily News and Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, among other outlets.
'Good Morning, Killer,' the latest in TNT's Mystery Movie Night series (premieres Tues., Dec. 13, 9PM ET), is based on April Smith's novel of the same name about FBI Agent Ana Grey. The story follows Grey (played by 'Army Wives' star Catherine Bell) as she tracks a serial kidnapper. Grey gets close with one of the victims just as the suspect decides to switch things up, making her job even ...
The very public battle between Charlie Sheen and his one-time 'Two and a Half Men' boss Chuck Lorre has been well-documented, but since relaunching his hit CBS series with Ashton Kutcher, Lorre hasn't said much about his former star's "winning" meltdown and subsequent replacement. In the latest issue of TV Guide Magazine, which hits newsstands Thursday, Dec. 15, Lorre talks to editor Michael ...
When Oprah Winfrey started her OWN network, she brought along her usual crew of experts to fill the line-up, but she also launched a nation-wide search for new personalities, with possibly the best reality TV competition prize ever: the winner would receive their own OWN show. The series' first season ended in February with the announcement of a double win -- both cooking show host hopeful ...
'Fear Factor' is back (premieres Mon., Dec. 12, 8PM ET on NBC), and I realize that you might think what I've thought all along: original host Joe Rogan is kind of a tool. But after chatting with him for quite a while -- about everything from the show's revamp and his own fears to Miley Cyrus, 'Toddlers & Tiaras' and Anthony Bourdain -- I can safely say that this quote-machine of a man might be ...
Last year's 'Community' Christmas episode ranks at the top of my list of favorite holiday-themed TV episodes ever. So how will this year's stack up? Well there's no funny clay figurines or stop-motion animation, but that's not to say it won't be as magical or uncontrollable as Abed's adventure last season. I mean, we already know there will be a rap video. In 'Regional Holiday Music' (Thurs., ...
Richard North Patterson's legal drama 'Silent Witness' is coming to life on the small screen for TNT's ongoing Mystery Movie Night series (premieres Wed., Dec. 7, 9PM ET on TNT). The movie stars Dermot Mulroney as a defense attorney called back home to defend his old friend (played by 'Southland' star Michael Cudlitz), a teacher who's being accused of murdering a student. There's mystery, ...
'Toddlers & Tiaras' has had some seriously questionable displays of parenting, but never before has production literally halted an interview, rewound for an instant reply and asked, "Wait, wait, what?" in utter disbelief. Until now. We've got an exclusive sneak peek at this week's new episode (Wed., 10PM ET on TLC) where Riley and Bob's mom proves how dedicated she is to socializing her ...
Bad people in scary movies always say, "You can run but you can't hide." This looks like one of the more frightening examples of that ominous warning. TNT's Mystery Movie Night series continues tonight, and we've got an exclusive sneak peek at this week's installment, Lisa Gardner's 'Hide' (premieres Tues., Dec. 6, 9PM ET). The small-screen adaptation stars Carla Gugino as D.D. Warren, a Boston ...
Is Liam's new '90210' beach bar the new Peach Pit After Dark? The show's '90s incarnation was known for bringing in big musical guest stars (Color Me Badd in the early years and Christina Aguilera at the diner's After Dark club were standouts), and the current reboot continues to follow suit. '90210' has had cameos by musicians like N.E.R.D., DJ Samantha Ronson, Nelly, The Veronicas and even ...
Candy isn't just for kids -- classic children's treats have been getting a very grown-up makeover lately, and TLC is right on top of the trend. Adding to their cake, cupcake and baked goods-filled lineup, TLC is sweetening things even more with a new Willy Wonka-inspired show called 'Candy Queen' (premieres Mon., Dec. 5, 10PM ET). The six-part series follows Los Angeles-based event planner ...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2 preview: More of Norman and Norma's relatives on the way
- Xbox One: Live action 'Halo' TV series coming from Steven Spielberg and 343 Industries
- Ricky Gervais''Derek' gets Netflix premiere date
- 'The Bachelor's Funniest Moments': Foot fetish, orange-rind mouth and more
- 'Downton Abbey' auction lets you read poetry to Mr. Bates - um, what?
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- Exclusive Preview: Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD — Plus: The Super Premiere Plan
- More From TVLine