There's one general guideline for being a finalist on 'America's Got Talent': you've got to have some talent. Or so you'd think. There is definitely a lot of talent amongst the 48 acts lucky enough to make it to the live shows in Hollywood (Vegas-headlining, million-dollar worthy talent, however, remains to be seen). But there are a handful of finalists that are so dreadful, dull or simplistic,...
A comedy about weight camp? Oh boy, that could be a big problem (yes, painfully obvious pun intended.) Hollywood, that skinny-means-everything fantasyland, isn't historically sensitive when it comes to portraying heavy people. Remember the hypocrisy of 'The Nutty Professor' remake, where the audience was encouraged to laugh at Professor Klump's girth and then encouraged to hate characters...
"Hey this is Neil," Neil Flynn's answering machine said. "Leave me a message and I'll call you back in two days." Fortunately for a writer on deadline, this was a lie, and Flynn called back in less than five minutes. It's also a joke, a pretty simple and silly one on paper. But thanks to Flynn's delicious, deadpan delivery, it made me laugh out loud. Flynn tells a lot of jokes, makes a living...
Full confession. I'm a guy who watches 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette.' My wife makes me. Really. Really. Ah, who am I kidding? I have my own free will. I can be lifting weights or eating cheeseburgers or playing poker or doing some other stereotypical guy stuff. None of that particularly interests me, except the cheeseburgers. So while a lot of the time I am doing something else whenever...
If you've got one of the darkest, most intense shows on television and you need to lighten the mood, you better call Bob Odenkirk. Odenkirk, a former 'Saturday Night Live' writer, is perhaps best known for writing and starring in HBO's late cult hit sketch comedy series 'Mr. Show With Bob and David' (David being comedian David Cross). Currently, he plays sleazy lawyer Saul Goodman on...
No city might be as Coco crazy as Chicago. Not only was there an actual protest in the city to support Conan O'Brien during that whole 'Tonight Show' debacle, students at Northwestern University gathered to collectively perform O'Brien's trademark string dance in solidarity. And when a pair of shows for the Chicago stop of his "Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour" went on...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 21 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Black Hole Sun'
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'The 100' Episode 2.2 Photos: Octavia Confronts the Grounders
- More From BuddyTV
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti to Lead Showtime Drama Pilot Billions
- Scorpion Sneak Peek: NCIS: LA's Hetty Helps Walter's Team Clean Up Nice
- TVLine Items: Jim Parsons Voicing Elf, Haven's WWE Reunion and More
- More From TVLine