60 Minutes might actually be closer to sixty minutes long this Sunday. The iconic news program will have only one sponsor, Philips Electronics. Two brief ads from Philps, along with spots for CBS shows and ads from local markets will result in about six and a half minutes of ad time, or about half of what the show usually utilizes, providing "more content and less clutter," according to executive producer Jeff Fagen. Hopefully this will also give Andy Rooney more time to complain about herbal shampoo.
Mike Wallace has been one of the main faces - some would say the main face, along with Andy Rooney - of 60 Minutes since its debut in 1968, but the 87-year-old is finally going to cut back on the amount of stories that he does on the show (he'll do about 5 or 6 stories this year).
He'll also have a different position in the opening. For years he's been saying "I'm Mike Wallace" at the start, but now he'll say "I'm Lesley Stahl" instead. Just kidding. He'll be at the end of the opening now, doing the "those stories and Andy Rooney" line. Ed Bradley will replace Wallace in the first position, and Dan Rather will be coming over from over from the cancelled 60 Minutes II.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET