60 Minutes might actually be closer to sixty minutes long this Sunday. The iconic news program will have only one sponsor, Philips Electronics. Two brief ads from Philps, along with spots for CBS shows and ads from local markets will result in about six and a half minutes of ad time, or about half of what the show usually utilizes, providing "more content and less clutter," according to executive producer Jeff Fagen. Hopefully this will also give Andy Rooney more time to complain about herbal shampoo.
Mike Wallace has been one of the main faces - some would say the main face, along with Andy Rooney - of 60 Minutes since its debut in 1968, but the 87-year-old is finally going to cut back on the amount of stories that he does on the show (he'll do about 5 or 6 stories this year).
He'll also have a different position in the opening. For years he's been saying "I'm Mike Wallace" at the start, but now he'll say "I'm Lesley Stahl" instead. Just kidding. He'll be at the end of the opening now, doing the "those stories and Andy Rooney" line. Ed Bradley will replace Wallace in the first position, and Dan Rather will be coming over from over from the cancelled 60 Minutes II.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 5 Episode 7 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: An Unexpected Setback for Carly
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Trap Queens
- Arrow's Stephen Amell, WWE's Stardust Take Their Feud to RAW
- UnREAL Finale: EP Marti Noxon Talks Rachel's 'Walter White' Moment, 'Complicated' Future With Quinn
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: (G)Hosts With the Most
- Significant Mother: Did the New Cougar Comedy Leave You Hot or Bothered?
- More From TVLine
- The Hotwives Head to Las Vegas in the Exclusive Trailer for Season 2
- One Direction's Louis Tomlinson Confirms He's Going to Be a Dad on 'Good Morning America'
- Rihanna Parties With Lewis Hamilton in Scantily-Clad Costume at Barbados' Crop Over Celebration
- Here's What the Cast of 'Coyote Ugly' Looks Like 15 Years Later
- How Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Bared a Striking Resemblance to Whitney Houston's
- More From ET