At the end of last week's episode, we had left all the family in precarious positions. Except for Stan that is. He had lost all faith in America and declared his love for Saudi Arabia instead. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a minute. Isn't this show called American Dad? On with the show!
[Ed: Correction: New season for The 4400, but just more new episodes for the other shows. Thanks hessian!]
Stan is so intent on beating his neighbor, Chuck White, to church - so he can park in a shady spot, that he runs over pigeons and elderly neighbors on his way there. When the deacon chokes to death on a communion wafer, the church needs a new one.
Chuck volunteers for deacon, so Stan, naturally, does too. On top of that, Chuck offers to host the potluck for the wake while Stan is in the bathroom. Poor Stan - Chuck has a bigger paycheck, a nicer house, a better wife and kids, how can Stan compete with him? It's on!
Back home, Rodger is in a reproductive cycle and is lactating.
Francine is upset with Stan because she feels disconnected from their friends and neighbors. Seems his habit of doing background checks and body cavity searches is making it hard to fit in.
She decides to have a block party. He tells her to have the party, and promises to be good. All is well until Francine wants to invite the new neighbors - who of Iranian descent - but from Cleveland. Stan, of course, decides the new neighbors are "enemies of freedom" and sets out to make the world safe from them.
I don't get why so many Family Guy fans don't like American Dad. It can be quite funny. On tonight's episode, Stan finds himself losing out to up-and-coming Agent Duper on a training course at work.
To try to smooth things over a bit, Stan invites his boss over for dinner - but of course, he can't let his boss see Rodger. Stan and Rodger get into a fight about Stan wanting to hide Rodger and Rodger getting freaked out and squirting green ecotoplase, and Rodger suffers a "stress induced hibernation cycle". The family, however, thinks Rodger is dead, so, naturally, Stan throws Rodger in a trash dumpster to dispose of the body.
Rodger comes out of hibernation at the dump, and when he realizes what happened, he is pissed! Rodger disguises himself as an old woman to get home. He ends up on a retirement home bus heading to field trip to DC. He gets caught on camera in the Oval Office, and Stan's boss sets the agents after him. Stan goes after Rodger himself.
Patrick Stewart guests and is smooth as Dad's boss, Bullock. Interesting note: Rachel MacFarlane, Seth MacFarlane's sister, voices the Smith's wildchild daughter, Hayley. Anyhow, American Dad is a smart and funny show. I really wish the anti-Dad folks out there would give Stan a chance.
OK, maybe it's because it's still the morning and I haven't had my caffeine yet, but I don't really understand this news article at The Hollywood Reporter. It says that Fox's American Dad has been giving a 13 episode order, but then it has this paragraph:
"...creators/executive producers Seth MacFarlane, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, had an original order of 19 episodes, including the pilot. Four have aired so far, with several more slated to run in the summer. Because Fox already had ordered several additional scripts of Dad production on the new batch of 13 episodes will start immediately, and the segments will become available in the spring. The new 13-episode order ensures that Dad will stay in continuous production."
Um, OK. Does that mean they have 13 episodes total, and 4 have aired (leaving 9 more)? Or does it mean that they have an order for 13 more in addition to the 4 they already had, totalling 17? Or is this 13 in addition to the original order of 19, making it 32? Math was my worst subject in school.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Scandal, Elementary and Blacklist Slip; Grey's, Odd Couple and Bang Rise; American Crime Tops Hour
- Glee's New Recruit Talks Romancing Spencer, Singing Darren Criss''Rise'
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Is Netflix Comedy as Resilient as Its Heroine?
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- More From TVLine
- Bill Murray Takes George Clooney to His Favorite Greek Restaurant in Queens, NY
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods!
- Kelly Clarkson Denies Calling Miley Cyrus a 'Pitchy Stripper,' Admits to Dating Justin Guarini
- EXCLUSIVE: Julie Chen Gets Emotional Reading Her Grandfather's Obit on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex with Kanye West '500 Times a Day'
- More From ET