October 4, 2015
by Keith McDuffee, posted May 16th 2005 12:02PM
- Out: Law and Order: Trial By
Jury, American Dreams, Medical Investigation, Committed, The Contender, Third Watch.
- New: The Apprentice: Martha Stuart, Three Wishes, E-Ring, Fathom, Inconceivable, My Name Is Earl, Thick and Thin, Four Kings.
- Returning: Scrubs, Fear Factor, Las Vegas, The Biggest Loser, Law & Order: Special Victims
Unit, Law & Order, Joey, Will
& Grace, The Apprentice, ER, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Crossing Jordan, Medium.
- Moving: The West Wing (Sundays, 8-9 p.m. EST), The Office (Tuesdays, 9:30-10 p.m. EST), Dateline NBC (Fridays 9-10 p.m. EST).
Read on for show descriptions.
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 29th 2005 2:01PM
Bad news for American Dreams fans: looks like NBC has cancelled the show. There was talk it wouldn't be renewed anyway, so the cancellation doesn't come as any real shock. We're getting into the real nitty gritty time of the year when the networks announce what isn't coming back and what new shows will debut this fall, so stay tuned to TV Squad for all the latest news.
by David Thomas, posted Apr 4th 2005 9:39AM
Everyone is out campaigning to keep their favorite shows on the air including Michael Davis of TV Guide. He wants to keep American Dreams on NBC even though the network will probably cancel it. The series has a loyal following and is one of the few “family friendly” shows on the air. But do enough people care about the lives of the Pryor family to keep American Dreams alive? What do you think? Should the family that absolutely everything happens to, be kept on the air?
by David Thomas, posted Mar 28th 2005 11:52AM
It's time for the networks to start making hard decisions about what shows to keep and what to let go. We're not surprised to learn American Dreams probably won't be back and two stars have already signed on to other shows. Third Watch is already gone. Medical Investigation is dead weight that can easily go. A big surprise might come when JAG sees its last days now that David James Elliot leaves. Although many a Maxim cover can attest that Catherine Bell could carry a show on her own, just not with the female fans of JAG. I don't see why actors like Catherine Bell can't get their own shows. I'd also like to see folks like James Marsters wind up in a current show that needs new life, like say Law & Order (any of them) or The Shield (OK just fanboy wishing there).
by David Thomas, posted Mar 21st 2005 3:22PM
Mike Duffy of the Detroit Free Press offers a number of suggestions for those parents out there looking for family-friendly programming. It can be hard these days to know what is appropriate for all ages. When I was growing up I didn't watch “Hill Street Blues” with my parents, but if I had I wouldn't have been treated to graphic language either. Today is a different story of course, and while content has improved as far as quality, the increase in violence and language isn't the best for young viewers. Duffy' picks “Joan of Arcadia,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” “American Dreams,” “Everwood” and eight others as his top choices. We also learn there will be a new version of "Little House on the Prairie" on ABC. Can't wait until March 26.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- More From TVLine
- Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick Welcome Baby Boy
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Naptime Photo with His Baby Daughter
- Joe Jonas And Gigi Hadid Pack on the PDA with Kisses in Paris
- Kris Jenner Chimes In On Possible Names for Kim Kardashian's Baby Boy
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- More From ET