Hey, everybody, here's a few tasty tidbits from the world of animation for you. Please chew carefully:
A fourth trailer for The Simpsons movie was released not too long ago. Most of you have probably seen it already, but if not, I've placed it at the end of this post. The brief shot of Lisa fainting over the cute boy gets me every time. The animation in that sequence is unlike anything they do on the TV series, which leads me to believe this movie is going to kick twelve essential kinds of ass.
(S11E03) Sorry this review is a few days late, Becky, but I've been sick.
Overall, I thought this was a good episode, though it didn't floor me with hilarity the way some episodes do. Perhaps that was in large part to not quite understanding what the point of the episode was. Was it meant to mock those who see the Earth as a conscience entity that can actually choose to get rid of us the way the students of South Park get rid of lice? Or was the whole episode just a philosophical experiment and we're left to make up our own minds? Or maybe it was all just a really elaborate set up so they could do a gag about Angelina Jolie having crabs at the end of the episode.
The Boston Phoenix makes an interesting suggestion on one of their blogs: maybe NBC should give the Late Night slot to Demetri Martin in 2009 when Conan O'Brien takes over for Jay Leno. Hmmm...
In this Daily Show clip, Martin explains the whole copyright controversy involving Viacom, Google, and YouTube. It's a great clip, with Martin asking at one point if viewers are watching him right now on YouTube (yes, it's a YouTube clip). He even freezes his body and says "buffering." Funny stuff. Both videos after the jump (YouTube version and Comedy Central's, just in case...)
- Charlie Rose: John F. Burns of The NY Times and Henry Kissinger
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Hugh Jackson, Chris Elliot, and Jimmie Johnson (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Nick Nolte and Guster
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Don Cheadle, The Maloof Brothers, and Paolo Nutini
- Tavis Smiley: Jane Smiley and Julian McMahon
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Liv Tyler, Gerard Butler, and The Fratellis
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Jennifer Hudson, Gerard Butler, and Anberlin (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Piper Perabo and Unwritten Law
As you may or may not know, I have been on many game shows. I won $40,000 on Greed. I won a car, seven televisions and a buttload of other stuff on TV Land's Ultimate Fan Search. I won over a grand on To Tell The Truth and of course, I was on every episode of Beat the Geeks. Suffice it to say, I have plenty of experience with this game we call show. Recently Joel Keller wrote a piece chock full of information on where to apply to be on a gameshow, and while this information is certainly helpful, you should know that it's only the beginning. There are a multitude of Do's and Dont's to remember.
Let's start with the Do's...
"Showdown At Justice: Hereunder referred to as the 'Nonvoluntary Lawyer Disemployment Program' vis a vis certain events on or around 7 December 2006 (C.F. Appendix B, Codicil IX, Paragraph 7)": Tony Snow is being a big baby over a lot of things. Actually, Jon seems genuinely fed up with him.
- Charlie Rose: John Burns of The NY Times, Adam Sandler, Don Cheadle, and Mike Binder
- The Daily Show: Don Cheadle
- The Colbert Report: Katie Couric
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Evangeline Lilly and Jeff MacGregor (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Will Ferrell, Senator Joe Biden, and Paolo Nutini
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Terrence Howard, Bob Woodruff, and The Kooks
- Tavis Smiley: Gina Torres
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Adam Sandler, Lindsay Buckingham, and Sarah Thyre
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Billy Connolly, Tricia Helfer, and Blake Shelton (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Julian McMahon and Amos Lee
Ah, of course they had to do a segment about the previous night's interview with John Bolton. He said some pretty interesting things while sitting next to Jon, including a little disagreement about Jon's Lincoln facts. Jon rang up one of his former guests, Lincoln Expert Doris Kearns Goodwin, to bitch her out for giving him false information. It was quite funny, especially with that old-fashioned phone.
- Charlie Rose: Richard Engel of NBC News, Dexter Filkins of The NY Times, and Bobby Ghosh of Time
- The Daily Show: Chris Hansen
- The Colbert Report: Benjamin Barber
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Jack Black and Lara Logan
- Jay Leno: Heather Mills and James Morrison
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jeff Goldblum and Kate Mara
- Tavis Smiley: Governor Bill Richardson
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Don Cheadle, Neil Patrick Harris, and Shane Mauss
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Tom Arnold, Drake Wither, and Hinder
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Andy Richter and Gary Jules
John McCain and his Straight Talk Express are back! His "lost the war" Freudian slip was beautiful, was it not? Maybe his bus really does enforce truth... Perhaps people should swear on the Straight Talk Express in court.
- Charlie Rose: Terry McCarthy from ABC News
- The Daily Show: John Bolton
- The Colbert Report: Willie Nelson
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Adam Sandler, Lucinda Williams, and Danica Patrick
- Jay Leno: David Spade, Richard Engel, and Hinder
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Mark Wahlberg, Wes Craven, and Mims
- Tavis Smiley: Terrence Howard and Steve Bickerstaff
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Bernie Mac, Chris Daughtry, and Chris Hansen
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Cuba Gooding Jr., Joely Richardson, and Andy Vastola
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Eddie Izzard and Vietnam
Update: Letterman actually went home early because he was sick, so Adam Sandler is taking over as guest host.
"Television shows process news events much faster than ever before but not much more directly than they did at the time of Hogan's Heroes, M*A*S*H or China Beach," critic Alessandra Stanley wrote, noting that a failed FX program, Over There about soldiers in Iraq "turned a war into entertainment as it was still being fought."
"Blondie": Henry Waxman is Batboy with a dying caterpillar for a moustache. As for Valerie Plame, she's very compelling... And by "compelling", I mean "f**kable"... And by "f**kable", I mean "a little too pretty to talk to Congressmen".
- Charlie Rose: Representative Henry Waxman
- The Daily Show: Stephen Prothero
- The Colbert Report: Jerome Groopman
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Paula Abdul, Bernie Mac, and Joss Stone
- Jay Leno: Terrence Howard and the cast of Jersey Boys
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Kelly Rip, Milo Ventimiglia, and Incubus (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Robert Greenwald and Joss Stone
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Rainn Wilson, Tom Arnold, and Jesse Malin
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Fergsuon: Merv Griffin, Nia Long, and John Mellencamp
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Richard Machowicz and Joshua Radin (repeat)
- Charlie Rose: Chris Rock and Time Managing Editor Richard Stengel
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Billy Bob Thornton, Rashida Jones, and Barenaked Ladies (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Terry Bradshaw, Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Musiq Soulchild
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Artie Lange, Bryan Greenberg, and The Feeling
- Tavis Smiley: Sam Moore and Phil Ramone (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Jeff Goldblum, Pete Yorn, and Ivanka Trump
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Danny Bonaduce, Ioan Gruffudd, and Gordie Brown (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Tara Conner and Say Anything
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Gotham, Major Crimes, Wayward Pines, Extant, Hannibal, Defiance, Lumen and More
- Reality Check: Does Adam Levine Need a Voice Vacation? Plus: Six Critical Tweaks for Idol's Final Season!
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- More From TVLine
- Kendall Jenner Dating Nicole Scherzinger's Ex Lewis Hamilton? Spotted Wearing His Chain
- Kanye West Posts Sweet Anniversary Tweet for Kim Kardashian
- Dwayne Johnson Breaks Selfie World Record
- Carrie Underwood Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Her 'American Idol' Win with Flashback Photo
- Celebrities in Their Underwear
- More From ET