Mike over at our Flash Insider blog tells us that his dad Mark is going to be on Dateline tonight, talking about Hurricane Katrina. Mr. Schleifstein co-wrote the Washing Away series for The Times-Picayune in 2002 that basically predicted what has happened in New Orleans. He also won a Pulitzer in 1997 for an environmental series on the erosion of the wetlands around the Gulf Coast.
Should be an interesting show. Dateline airs tonight at 7pm on NBC.
After four years on the job, Neal Shapiro has stepped down as president of NBC News. Shapiro was brought to NBC from ABC in the early 90s after serving as a producer on PrimeTime Live. Being a behind-the-scenes person, it's not always clear just what he had to do with, but I think his most significant contribution was turning Dateline into a more-than-once-a-week news program. Frankly, I don't know why we don't do that with every show. You know, something like The Simpsons: Wednesday. In Shapiro's place, Steve Capus has been named acting president.
- Out: Law and Order: Trial By
Jury, American Dreams, Medical Investigation, Committed, The Contender, Third Watch.
- New: The Apprentice: Martha Stuart, Three Wishes, E-Ring, Fathom, Inconceivable, My Name Is Earl, Thick and Thin, Four Kings.
- Returning: Scrubs, Fear Factor, Las Vegas, The Biggest Loser, Law & Order: Special Victims
Unit, Law & Order, Joey, Will
& Grace, The Apprentice, ER, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Crossing Jordan, Medium.
- Moving: The West Wing (Sundays, 8-9 p.m. EST), The Office (Tuesdays, 9:30-10 p.m. EST), Dateline NBC (Fridays 9-10 p.m. EST).
Read on for show descriptions.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET