Joan of Arcadia
Joan of Arcadia fans are mad as hell, and they're not gonna take it anymore! They want the show to come back, even though CBS has canceled the show and will replace it with Ghost Whisperer, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt. This AP story has this quote from a CBS spokesman: "It was one of the toughest programming decisions we have had to make in the last couple of years because qualitatively, everyone here loved the show and was proud of the show." Which probably just frustrates fans even more.
[Joan of Arcadia, CBS Fri, 8 p.m. EST]
Joan of Arcadia concievably appeals to the same audience as The WB's "clean soaps", but it's an infinitely better show. That's partly because there are no "very special episodes" - if someone is going to do drugs, have sex, lie to their parents, etc, they're going to do it because that's what their character needs to do, and they're going to do it when they need to do it - without any regard for sweeps. And don't be afraid of the God stuff - it's not at all heavy handed, it's actually handled very organically.
Okay, back to the episode at hand.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Simpsons' come to Florida: Universal Studios is building Springfield
- 'American Idol' stabbing: Candice versus Kree leads to blood
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4 premiere recap: 'Surprises,' indeed
- 'Showville' premiere: Blaine is the stool capital of the world
- 'Save Me' series premiere: Never has a title been more accurate
- More From Zap2it
- Did NBC's Save Me Make You a Convert?
- Sons of Anarchy Casts Shield Vet CCH Pounder
- TV Season Champs: NCIS Outdraws Sunday Night Football, Top-Rated New Comedies All Got Axed
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More
- Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!
- More From TVLine