That trouble with Lauren I predicted last week has happened: she's graduated from dyed hair and belly button rings to school vandalism. Atta girl Lauren. She's in the Straight Edge Club, a group of girls that don't do drugs or have sex but love tattoos and, well, vandalizing. Which just goes to show you that sometimes sex and drugs aren't the worst things that can happen to a teenager. In other Gray news, Vincent is writing again (and getting a possible book deal), but he's also still teaching at the prison, a TV show plot development that never ends well. And when did Cheech Marin get back in the picture, having the hots for Tyne Daly? I thought that they ended that whole plot about a year and a half ago (and now she's up against Susan Sullivan for his attention). I've always liked this show but it seems really up and down now, picking up and dropping plots and characters and leaving uninteresting plots and characters in their place. It's on the bubble and if it doesn't get back on track, tonight's episode title but be appropriate.
When we last left the Gray family, Amy was getting freaked out over daughter Lauren's dyed-pink hair and belly button ring. Now Lauren is a vegetarian, wearing a "meat is murder" shirt under an army jacket, listening to edgy bands and talking on the phone a lot. She's at that rebellious stage. But why is Amy so freaked that Lauren is a vegetarian? It's not like she's smoking dope with the kids at school or getting a tattoo on her thigh. Both of which, by the way, I predict will happen before the season is over, in a Very Special Judging Amy (TM). And what is all this about Amy becoming a senator? Wouldn't they have to change the name of show? Senatorizing Amy just doesn't have the same ring to it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'The Amazing Race' Season Finale Recap: Which Team Wins the Race?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending
- More From TVLine
- Craig Ferguson's Final 'Late Late Show' Ends With a Twist
- Watch George Clooney Turn Heads in His 'Downton Abbey' Debut!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Daughter No. 2!
- The Ultimate Binge-Watch Guide: Which TV Shows to Marathon Over the Holidays!
- ‘The Amazing Race' Crowns Season 25 Winners
- More From ET