More categories and nominations are listed after the jump:
It really seems like FOX didn't give this show any chance of survival. Only four episodes aired, spread far apart by interruptions by the baseball playoffs and November sweeps. The one episode I've seen, which was the one that aired this past Monday, was pretty funny and showed a lot of potential. But if FOX thinks a low-rated show like AD is a bigger draw than your favorite show, chances are that your show will never see the light of day again.
[via The Futon Critic]
Well I think it's safe to say that at this point I understand why this show is being canceled. It just isn't very funny. It's got a great cast, it's had great guest stars (John Larroquette previously and Michael Vartan tonight), and it's even produced by Darren Star. "Mr. All I do is Make Hit TV Shows" was due for another flop and his "order is up." Get that? Sneakin' in some crazy kitchen lingo on you.
FOX isn't airing Kitchen Confidential tonight (they're showing two hours of Prison Break for 8 to 10 instead), and as if fans of the show (and Alias) didn't have enough to be ticked about, the episode they were supposed to air? The one with Michael Vartan, of course!
USA Today's Robert Bianco says the episode is terrible.
I'm going to put on my helmet. Feel free to manifest your anger by throwing things at you computer screen right ... about ... NOW.
You know what? This show just isn't that funny. It's still entertaining in its own way. A good cast, great setting, and all that. But it's just not that funny. And coming after Arrested Development, that really stands out.
That's the news hidden in this New York Times piece about how there doesn't seem to be any big hits a la Lost or Desperate Housewives this new season.
Anyone know anything about this? I'm checking some sources now, so stay tuned...
OK, so it doesn't rhyme, and barely makes sense. But I haven't had my caffeine yet today.
FOX says that ex-Alias star Michael Vartan (oh, how it hurts to type "ex-Alias star") will guest star on Kitchen Confidential, the sitcom headed by another Alias alum, Bradley Cooper!
This is all a crossover, right? Will is in the witness protection program. Maybe his new name (his ALIAS) is Jack Bourdain, and he's a cook in New York now. Vaughn wasn't really killed off, he's in the witness protection program and will be going to New York to work in the same restaurant as Will. Eventually, they'll both be found out by a customer who comes into the restaurant and they'll have to contact Sydney for help. All on very special crossover episodes of Alias and Kitchen Confidential during sweeps period.
Is it just or me does it seem to you that this show has the best cleavage on TV right now? I mean, take a look at scene about 6 minutes into the show, when the employees are all sitting around talking about tips. Each girl is...well, it's almost as if they hired some "Cleavage Consultant." I'll have to check the credits at the end.
I haven't seen all of the new shows yet, so this quick opinion might change after I see Invasion or My Name Is Earl or How I Met Your Mother, but as it stands right now, Kitchen Confidential is the best new show of the fall. Here's why...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 Finale Predictions: Who is Going to Win?
- 'Revolution': 23 Shocking Moments from 'Clue'
- 14 TV Characters Who Would Make Good Drinking Buddies
- 'Revolution' Recap: Monroe Reaches the Tower, Miles Finds the Traitor
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- 'Bates Motel' finale recap: Season 1 episode 10 'Midnight' - Norman goes psycho
- 'Motive' premiere: Are you intrigued by the whys and wherefores?
- 'The Big C' series finale: 'Go get 2 forks' ... and some tissues, please
- 'Rectify' finale recap: Season 1 episode 6 'Jacob's Ladder' is about more than Daniel's guilt or innocence
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tuesday: Grimm's Dead End, DWTS' Last Dance, Bachelor Bloopers and More
- The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?
- John Barrowman to Host Celeb Singing Series
- X Factor Makes It Official: Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio to Judge Season 3 With Simon and Demi
- The Goodwin Games: Will You Keep Playing?
- More From TVLine