Studio 60 will air at 10 PM on Mondays. This has set off a chain reaction of changes to the fall schedule, which was announced last week:
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent will now air Tuesdays at 9.
- Wednesdays will start with the sitcom combo of 20 Good Years and 30 Rock, followed by The Biggest Loser and Kidnapped.
- Thursdays will kick off with Earl and The Office, followed by Deal or No Deal and ER.
- Fridays will start with Crossing Jordan (returned from mid-season exile), followed by Las Vegas and the original Law & Order (that's right, L&O fans, the show will no longer be on Wednesdays).
- Medium has been banished to mid-season; it joins Scrubs on the bench.
[via The Futon Critic]
In: Deal Or No Deal, Medium, Law and Order: SVU, The Biggest Loser, Law and Order, My Name Is Earl, The Office, Las Vegas, Law and Order: CI, Dateline, Scrubs, Crossing Jordan, The Apprentice
Out: Surface, Joey, E-Ring, West Wing, Will and Grace, Four Kings, Teachers, Heist, Celebrity Cooking Showdown, Conviction
New: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Heroes, Friday Night Lights, Kidnapped, 20 Good Years, 30 Rock, The Black Donnellys, Football Night In America, Sunday Night Football, America's Got Talent, Raines, The Singles Table, Andy Barker, P.I.
Interesting lineup too, as Studio 60 goes into the Thursday at 9 slot (after Earl and The Office) and ER stays at 10 (til January, when The Black Donnellys take over for a while).
Gee, with all of the announcements NBC is making about its upcoming fall schedule, I'm not too sure what they're going to talk about during the upfronts come May. I guess they'll play charades with the press. Or perhaps their advanced notice is a subtle message to advertisers.
We first reported that NBC has renewed all three shows in the Law & Order franchise for next season. Now, three more dramas are joining the list: Medium, Las Vegas, and Crossing Jordan. What, no Joey? All three series drew about 11 million viewers per episode, with Las Vegas holding on to much of its audience during the show's move to Friday nights.
The shows hitting VOD are:
Jay and Nikki met on the set of Las Vegas when Jay was a guest star. His episode
- Deal or No Deal, nightly at 8 pm from Monday, February 27 to Friday, March 3
- The Apprentice, Mondays at
9 pm, starting February 27
- Conviction, Fridays at 10 pm, starting March 3
- Las Vegas, Fridays at 9 pm, starting March 3
- Teachers, Thursdays at 9:30 pm, starting April 6 (replacing The Office, which has a season finale on March 30)
- Law and Order, Wednesdays at 9 pm, starting March 22
- Heist, Wednesdays at 10 pm, starting March
Dear television viewer:
In an effort to further drain you of all your energy, tonight's episode of Extremely Popular TV Drama will involve a cliffhanger to be resolved next week on an episode of That Other Extremely Popular TV Drama which airs on a different night and time. We hope you enjoy.
Your friends, The Insane Network Executives.
Am I the only one who hates this? For whatever reason, it really bugs me when TV worlds collide. I just can't deal with the notion that, just maybe, Jack Bauer and Sydney Bristow work down the street from each other. Someone who works on a much higher floor than me thinks this is great idea though. Joel briefly mentioned them in his Festivus post from a few weeks ago, but I've got a whole rant in me.
Did everyone see Las Vegas last night? The big death scene at the end? Hysterical!
Everyone's comparing the death scene to how Rosiland Shays died on L.A. Law years ago, falling down the elevator shaft with no warning. But this was even more outrageous. Boyle is on the roof of the casino, arguing with Josh Duhamel. It's really windy, and she's wearing this ridiculous dress with big flaps under the arms...and the wind picks her up and carries her overboard, as Styx's "Come Sail Away" is playing in the background. You could see it coming a mile away (only a few minutes left in the show...it's windy...she's gesturing with her arms...the sail away song is playing...hey, she's going off the roof!).
This is definitely going on my list of Best TV Moments this year.
On the heels of Lara Flynn Boyle joining the cast of NBC's Las Vegas comes word that Rachael Leigh Cook will be joining the cast this fall as well. She'll play a real estate agent who gets involved with Josh Duhamel's character.
The Montecito has a new owner: Lara Flynn Boyle! The actress will join the NBC hit drama this fall. Says the producer:
"She will add even more story potential and star power to what is already a super-charged cast playing against the backdrop of a dynamic city." No hyperbole there. Nope.
- Out: Law and Order: Trial By
Jury, American Dreams, Medical Investigation, Committed, The Contender, Third Watch.
- New: The Apprentice: Martha Stuart, Three Wishes, E-Ring, Fathom, Inconceivable, My Name Is Earl, Thick and Thin, Four Kings.
- Returning: Scrubs, Fear Factor, Las Vegas, The Biggest Loser, Law & Order: Special Victims
Unit, Law & Order, Joey, Will
& Grace, The Apprentice, ER, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Crossing Jordan, Medium.
- Moving: The West Wing (Sundays, 8-9 p.m. EST), The Office (Tuesdays, 9:30-10 p.m. EST), Dateline NBC (Fridays 9-10 p.m. EST).
Read on for show descriptions.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- ABC's black-ish Casts Jenifer Lewis as Anthony Anderson's Mother
- TVLine Items: iZombie Taps Veronica Mars Star, Pretty Little Special & More
- More From TVLine
- How Much Did Those Clooney Wedding Photos Cost?
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- 'Selfie' Review: A Fun, Fresh Comedy That Shines Without a Filter
- Britney Spears Wants 2 More Kids, 1 Husband, 3 Planes, 4 Houses
- More From ET