The second show, Cool Stuff: How It Works, is a four-part series that takes a look at how the wonders of the modern world work - fireproof suits, robotic bomb detonators, etc. No word on whether or not they'll be able to explain TiVo, the electoral college or how a penalty kick shootout is fair, but they're smart guys. I'm sure they'll get around to it.
While not an in depth bio, we do learn some more details about the backgrounds of the pair. A couple highlights - Jamie ran away from home for six months when he was 14, making it halfway across the country. Previous to the M5 effects shop he also owned a pet store and a boat charter business in the Caribbean. And somewhere along the line he got a degree in Russian literature. Adam has worked as an animator, graphic designer, set designer, and actor. His father did animation for Sesame Street.
The article also gets into just how different the two are. So much so that Jamie comments "I wouldn't spend five minutes with Adam outside of work if I didn't have to." But it's clear that the two are enjoying what they are doing and respect each other for their unique talents. Worth a click if you are a Mythbusters fan. The new season of the show will begin airing in January.
[ via digg ]
Ever since getting a Tivo a little over a year ago, I no longer watch TV shows when they actually air. When I'm not catching up with what's on my recorder, I'm either reading, listening to podcasts, or pounding out a blog post about what I'm watching on television. The big deletion from my Tivo Season Pass this year is House. I still admire the show, but for me the magic is gone. The season opener sat on my Tivo for quite a few days, unwatched. When I finally sat down to view it I realized, about fifteen minutes into it, that I had completely lost interest in it. I didn't even finish the episode, and took it off my Tivo for good. Perhaps my attitude will change in the coming weeks, but who knows? Anyway, some of these shows are winding down their current seasons, some have yet to air. All times are Central because I live in Minnesota.
7 pm America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC)
8 pm The Simpsons (FOX)
8:30 pm The Amazing Race (CBS)
9 pm Family Guy (FOX)
10 pm Without a Trace (CBS)
I've been a fan of MythBusters for a while now, and I can't help but admit that there's just something about Kari. Most likely it's the fact that here we have a cool, hip chick who loves downing beers with the guys and pierces things without getting overly pin-cushion on us, while at the same time loves science and getting down and geeky. Being not so bad on the eyes doesn't hurt either.
This week, the MythBusters tackle one very weird myth, the myth of the exploding pants, and a few myths that seem very applicable today: the great gas conspiracy.
Painting with Explosives: The myth is, if you blow up a can of paint in a room, will it coat the room fully with the paint? And can the room withstand the explosion? A Mr. Bean episode mocked being able to do this, even showing a silhouette where someone was standing in the way of the paint blast. The MythBusters set up a small room on a bombing range, complete with a Buster for simulating the silhouette. First go, the explosion covers the room about 40% with paint, no silhouette, and destroys part of it in the process. So, myth busted.
The myths revisited this time: Spitting an arrow, the Confederate rocket and bullets fired into water.
Speaking of vodka myths, let's start with those.
Myths in this episode: Helium Filled Raft and Cell Phones on Planes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 'Red Band Society' Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'Turn'
- [Video] 'The Mindy Project' Season 3 Preview: Awkward Sex, Gossip and Danny's Special Skills
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19 Premiere Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- Video: Great Scot! Kevin McKidd Gives Franklin & Bash a Royal Ultimatum
- TVLine Items: Wallenda Walks Chicago, Big View Ratings, DIG Delay and More
- Mindy Project: Pop-Up Exes, a Killer Cousin and 6 More Season 3 Nuggets
- More From TVLine
- 'Dancing With the Stars': The Best and Worst Moments From the Season 19 Premiere!
- Why Is Eminem Suing New Zealand's National Party?
- 'New Girl's Newest Loft Romance: 'Schmidt Reveals His Feelings For Nick!'
- Exclusive Clip: Does Ben Have What it Takes to Join the Duggar Clan?
- Beyonce Poses with Champagne, Complicating Pregnancy Speculation
- More From ET