Stump the King
This week's letter comes from a fan named Jim Rodrigues.
"I just saw an episode I've never seen before! This was rare indeed. It involved the crew of the Enterprise devolving into different creatures. Barkley became a spider. Captain Picard was becoming a lemur. Warf (sic) was biting amphibian Troi. It was my favorite episode other than one of the best T.V. episodes ever, "Cause and Effect." I was wondering if this "monsters running around" episode was released for Halloween? It would be the perfect October 31st episode. If someone knows the title and the date of release, I surely would appreciate it."
Here are a couple of letters I got this week.
The first one is from Jackie...
"Do you know "what happened" to a TV show that was on ABC several years ago called "Vengence"? It was about a PI who would charge a million dollars for a job or take the client's expertise in exchange. It was a great show!!"
I got a great letter this week from a fan named Harold Dickinson.
He writes, "I'm trying to get the name of a cartoon from the late 50's or early 60's. It had two characters who -- at least in my memory -- remind me of Penn and Teller. The one character was tall and bombastic, the other was shorter and never spoke- although he would whisper to the other character. I believe the smaller character was named Leonardo- but I wouldn't swear to it."
I got a great letter this week from a TV fan named Jim R.
"Dear TV Squad, About 15 years ago, I watched an episode of a scifi/fantasy TV show wherein an Elvis impersonator traveled back in time to meet (and eventually kill) the real Elvis. Could you please tell me the name of this program? Thanks"
One day in 2001, I was having lunch with a friend and we were talking about the new fall shows. We discussed shows that we thought weren't going to make it as well as shows we really enjoyed. Towards the end of the meal we started to discuss The Tick and how we were both excited to see the live version that was premiering later in the season. I remember turning to my friend and saying, "Isn't there another show premiering on FOX later in the season?" We couldn't think of which show it was and so went back to discussing The Tick.
The show we were trying to think of was The Bernie Mac Show and five years after The Tick had come and gone Bernie's show had become one of the funniest family sitcoms on television.
This week, I got a question from Jonathan Myers that reads...
"There was a short lived television show in the late 60's or early 70's - sitcom - where the characters dressed in dog outfits. Part of me thinks it was related to Rob Reiner? Any idea what show this is?"
Well, after scouring my memory and doing a little research, I was able to dig up some info on an unsold pilot called McGurk.
I finally got a question I can answer this week.
"My friend used to watch this cartoon, but all he remembers is this one character. He says he was a small small guy with a really tall hat. He wore a black robe. He was some kind of emperor..Hm..He was somewhat Asian looking. He thought the name of the show might be hysteria, but i can't find anything on that. anything you can think of will be greatly appreciated. It's one of those i have to figure it out or it'll kill me things. Haha. Thank you."
This week's letter comes from a reader named Elaine and I definitely need any help I can get.
"I'm looking for the name of a TV series that ended with a group of people walking up to a truck and it exploded with someone in it. The show was cancelled a few years ago and I need to know the name or I'm gonna go crazy"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.23 Photos: The Team Closes in on the Terrorist Group Recruiting Children
- 'Dance Moms' Finale Recap: Does the ALDC Win Their Last Hometown Competition?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: The Inhuman War Begins
- 'iZombie' Recap: Liv and Ravi's First Fight
- 'The Flash' Recap: Iris Joins Team Flash as Grodd the Gorilla Comes into Play
- More From BuddyTV
- Person of Interest EPs Talk Finale's 'Insidious' Corrections, the 'Terrifying Dystopia' (Hopefully) to Come
- Undateable Goes Live: Ed Sheeran, the Scrubs Cast and 17 More Key Moments
- Forever Boss Talks Henry's Paralyzing Twist, What Jo Knows, Season 2 Plans
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: Inhuman Target — Who Died? And Who Left the Team?
- The Flash Recap: Kneel Before Grodd — The 10 Most Bananas Moments
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara Reveals Sleeps Naked In Hilarious Round of 'Catchphrase'
- U2 Surprises NYC Subway Riders With Free Concert
- Beyonce's Most Revealing Fashions
- See the Moment Jill Duggar's Water Breaks in '19 Kids and Counting' Special
- Katy Perry Is a Kardashian Defender: They Are 'Completely Valid'
- More From ET