Schwartz may be looking for his next job as the future of The O.C. is murky. FOX has only ordered half a season so far, as the teen soap is up against heavy hitters CSI and Grey's Anatomy.
What I want to know is: Can you punch somebody or get high? It just wouldn't be The O.C. without a fight or someone overdosing on drugs.
You know, I think the show got really dull this year. How many times can we see Ryan and Marissa break up? And how many times can we see Seth and Summer fight? I think three seasons is all The O.C. had in it.
Returning: 24, American Dad, American Idol, America's Most Wanted: America Strikes Back, Bones, Cops, Family Guy, House, King of the Hill, The Loop, MADtv, Nanny 911, The O.C., Prison Break, The Simpsons, Trading Spouses: Meet your new Mommy, The War at Home.
Out: Arrested Development, The Bernie Mac Show, Free Ride, Killer Instinct, Kitchen Confidential, Malcolm in the Middle, Reunion, Skating with Celebrities, Stacked, That '70s Show, Unan1mous
New: Vanished, Standoff, Justice, 'Til Death, Happy Hour, Talk Show with Spike Feresten, Duets, The Wedding Album, The Winner, On the Lot.
Descriptions of new shows below.
I think I have a pretty good idea of who it's going to be, but my official vote is for the untimely demise of Marissa.
FOX also picked up 13 episodes of Happy Hour, a comedy that sounds like a modern-day Odd Couple about two thirty-something roommates.
Not surprisingly, FOX also has renewed The O.C. for a fourth season. Those crazy Orange County kids will be going off to college, but it appears the writers may be breaking with teen-angst drama tradition and sending them to different colleges in different towns. FOX also picked up 13 more episodes of The Loop and more of The War at Home, though it's not clear how many episodes it ordered.
According to reports, a coyote sneaked onto the set of The OC recently and found its way into Mischa Barton's trailer, where it ate her food and was later discovered by Barton and her co-star, Rachel Bilson. The crew were able to chase the coyote out of the trailer and off the set. That's all that's being reported, but I figured their had to be more to the story, so I tracked down the coyote for a brief interview:
(S03E24) Prom is over and enter the aftermath. But surprise, surprise...Volchok? Not dead. Thank God. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly care if the guy lives or dies, but it would have just been bizarro times infinity if another one of Marissa's love interests ended up in the morgue. She does seem to like them on the brink of death.
But nope, Ryan rushes (not really, more like leisurely drives) Volchok to the hospital during a trippy, light-filled montage, and Volchok awakes without even seeing a doctor. Volchok (ever the good guy) doesn't sell Ryan out and claims he was jumped by a group of thugs. But it turns out that Volchok is not "ever the good guy."
This week it's all about Senior Prom and, quite frankly, I have given up trying to suspend my disbelief that any of these characters remotely looks like they're in high school. The characters seemed really subdued to me this week. I guess that's because they're all bummed out about their respective situations. Ryan isn't with Marissa but he does know that Kevin is cheating on her. Seth can't find a way to explain to Summer that there's nothing between him and Anna. And, Kirsten and Sandy are moping about because he's turning into her father and she's turning back to the bottle.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Premiere Recap: The Search for Berlin Continues
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale Recap: Big Jim Goes on a Killing Spree
- More From BuddyTV
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- Under the Dome Season 2 Finale Recap: Heeeere's Jimmy!
- Dallas Finale Recap: Fall in the Family
- Forever: Does ABC's Immortal Drama Have Staying Power?
- The Voice Season 7 Premiere Recap: Do You Si What They Si? [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- Breaking Down The Dance Numbers: 'DWTS' Recap
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Premiere: Find Out Which Coach Has the Best Team So Far!
- Bill Clinton on Becoming a Grandfather: I Feel Like I'm in Labor
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- More From ET