...two perfect series finales.
As TV viewers, we've been conditioned to not let ourselves get too attached to good shows because more often than not, good shows get canceled early. Or, on the flip side, they go on far too long beyond their prime and the series finales end up falling short as unsatisfying afterthoughts.
So it's always a breath of fresh air when a truly quality program ends not only at its peak, but it ends with a series finale that does the entire run of the show justice. It doesn't happen often, and this year we were fortunate to say good-bye on a high note to two of the greatest cop dramas ever made, The Wire and The Shield.
(S05E10) "...the life of kings." - H.L. Mencken
History repeats itself. Just like Daniels said, what's the point if one generation is too busy training the next how not to do the job? More than anything, that was the biggest message that came across in the series finale of The Wire. But there was one more too. You always hear the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it," but over the course of five seasons and sixty episodes of The Wire, David Simon systematically explained why things that are broken don't seem to get fixed either. And now it's over.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6 trailer: Watch the first look at the new queens
- 'Bakery Boss' enlists a drill sergeant to help Kristi G's Cupcakes & More
- 'The Voice': Behind the scenes with the Top 5 in the recording studio
- 'Scandal,''Orange Is The New Black' in, 'Modern Family' out of AFI Top 10 TV list
- 'The Sing-Off's' Jewel: A cappella 'was a dying art form before this show came along'
- More From Zap2it
- 'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Reign, Once, Mindy and Other Shows Are Faring
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Centipede's Next Gen Super-Soldier
- What's on Your TV Wish List for 2014? Speak Up!
- RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Trailer: Spilling Tea, Stalking Prey, Blowing S*** Up!
- Showtime Cancels Californication
- More From TVLine