April 24, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Jun 4th 2009 10:10AM
If Jay Leno isn't the answer for NBC prime time, perhaps the network should think about booking President Obama. NBC News devoted two hours, on Tuesday and Wednesday night, for Inside the Obama White House and the ratings were strong. Better than the insipid I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here, which acted as a lead-in. Of course the season finale of Law & Order: SVU on Tuesday didn't hurt the news production.
Having watched the two hours, NBC should sign the president ASAP. There's always the curiosity factor when a viewer is being given access behind the scenes, and that's what Inside the Obama White House did. It was a look at the real West Wing, which reminded me a lot of the fictional, Aaron Sorkin West Wing creation, and that was quite cool. President Obama still fascinates me, and it's well past 100 days.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- TVLine Items: ER Doc Meets the Dome, Luke/Laura Reunion and More
- Scandal Blind Item: Olivia to Hire New Gladiator (It's Someone We've Met!)
- More From TVLine