July 25, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Jun 4th 2009 10:10AM
If Jay Leno isn't the answer for NBC prime time, perhaps the network should think about booking President Obama. NBC News devoted two hours, on Tuesday and Wednesday night, for Inside the Obama White House and the ratings were strong. Better than the insipid I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here, which acted as a lead-in. Of course the season finale of Law & Order: SVU on Tuesday didn't hurt the news production.
Having watched the two hours, NBC should sign the president ASAP. There's always the curiosity factor when a viewer is being given access behind the scenes, and that's what Inside the Obama White House did. It was a look at the real West Wing, which reminded me a lot of the fictional, Aaron Sorkin West Wing creation, and that was quite cool. President Obama still fascinates me, and it's well past 100 days.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- 'iZombie' at Comic-Con 2014: It's More 'Buffy' Than 'Veronica Mars' and 6 More Things to Know
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 5 Nominees?
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- More From BuddyTV
- The Walking Dead @ Comic-Con: Season 5 Premiere Date Revealed — Watch Explosive First Trailer
- Bones Scoop: Get Details on 'Out of the Ordinary' 200th Ep, Booth and Brennan's New [Spoiler] and More
- TVLine Items: Real Housewives Eyes Soap Vet, Cartoon Renews 5 and More
- Is a Major Spin-Off In Order? Did Suits Litt You Up? Was a Big Brother Stalker Outed? And More TV Qs!
- Cinemax Orders Outcast Pilot From Walking Dead Creator Robert Kirkman
- More From TVLine