May 3, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Jun 4th 2009 10:10AM
If Jay Leno isn't the answer for NBC prime time, perhaps the network should think about booking President Obama. NBC News devoted two hours, on Tuesday and Wednesday night, for Inside the Obama White House and the ratings were strong. Better than the insipid I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here, which acted as a lead-in. Of course the season finale of Law & Order: SVU on Tuesday didn't hurt the news production.
Having watched the two hours, NBC should sign the president ASAP. There's always the curiosity factor when a viewer is being given access behind the scenes, and that's what Inside the Obama White House did. It was a look at the real West Wing, which reminded me a lot of the fictional, Aaron Sorkin West Wing creation, and that was quite cool. President Obama still fascinates me, and it's well past 100 days.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Peter and the Other Husbands Speak Out
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Bloody Attacks from the Sparrows, Snakes and Harpys
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Does a New Story Begin for the Villains?
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Premiere Recap: Witch, Please
- Once Recap: The Rewrite Stuff — Plus, Has Regina Been 'Screwed Over Most'?
- The Good Wife Recap: When One Door Comes Unhinged... Walk Through It?
- Secrets and Lies: Tom's Killer Is Revealed — Plus: Is [Spoiler] Dead?!
- The Good Wife Finale Mystery: Who's at Alicia's Door Now?!
- More From TVLine
- 'Suicide Squad' Assembled: David Ayer Tweets First Pic of Cast in Full Costume
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Star Sightings
- George Takei Helps Museum Acquire 'Priceless' Collection of WWII Internment Camp Artifacts
- Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea's Song 'Pretty Girls' Leaked
- Tiger Woods & Lindsey Vonn Call It Quits
- More From ET