As we've mentioned already, MTV is celebrating its 25th Anniversary today, and everyone of a certain age remembers what it was like when the music network debuted. I was just about to start my junior year in high school, and I remember the day it premiered very well. Here are my favorite MTV memories (mostly from the first 15-18 years, since I haven't really watched it in the past 5-7 years).
1. Live Aid. I was working a double shift at a pizza place in July of '85, but we had a large screen television in the dining room and we had this on all day. It was a pretty amazing day actually. Giant charity concerts are a regular thing now, but back then, getting dozens and dozens of top pop stars to play on one day on two continents, that was something special.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Teen Wolf Season 4, Ed Sheeran Documentary Lead MTV's Newly Announced Summer Schedule
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, POI, Once, Arrow, The Mentalist, Big Bang and More
- Memories from the Set: Ari Graynor Talks Jobs on The Sopranos, Fringe, Numb3rs and More
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET