As we've mentioned already, MTV is celebrating its 25th Anniversary today, and everyone of a certain age remembers what it was like when the music network debuted. I was just about to start my junior year in high school, and I remember the day it premiered very well. Here are my favorite MTV memories (mostly from the first 15-18 years, since I haven't really watched it in the past 5-7 years).
1. Live Aid. I was working a double shift at a pizza place in July of '85, but we had a large screen television in the dining room and we had this on all day. It was a pretty amazing day actually. Giant charity concerts are a regular thing now, but back then, getting dozens and dozens of top pop stars to play on one day on two continents, that was something special.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine