As we've mentioned already, MTV is celebrating its 25th Anniversary today, and everyone of a certain age remembers what it was like when the music network debuted. I was just about to start my junior year in high school, and I remember the day it premiered very well. Here are my favorite MTV memories (mostly from the first 15-18 years, since I haven't really watched it in the past 5-7 years).
1. Live Aid. I was working a double shift at a pizza place in July of '85, but we had a large screen television in the dining room and we had this on all day. It was a pretty amazing day actually. Giant charity concerts are a regular thing now, but back then, getting dozens and dozens of top pop stars to play on one day on two continents, that was something special.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- Julianne Hough Returns to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman Wishes 'the People of Pearson Specter Good Luck Dealing With Louis'
- The Best Zings from 'Big Brother 16'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Jax Gets Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster
- Julianne Hough Returning to DWTS… As a Fourth Judge — Yea or Nay?
- SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It's Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Dresses Up as 'GOTG' Character for Children's Hospital Patients
- MTV VMAs 101: Everything You Need to Know About Sunday's Show
- EXCLUSIVE: The 'Revenge' Cast is Tipsy in These Hilarious Season 3 Bloopers!
- Tina Knowles Comments on Beyonce and Jay Z Split Rumors
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates 'Black Rage (Sketch)' to Ferguson
- More From ET