As we've mentioned already, MTV is celebrating its 25th Anniversary today, and everyone of a certain age remembers what it was like when the music network debuted. I was just about to start my junior year in high school, and I remember the day it premiered very well. Here are my favorite MTV memories (mostly from the first 15-18 years, since I haven't really watched it in the past 5-7 years).
1. Live Aid. I was working a double shift at a pizza place in July of '85, but we had a large screen television in the dining room and we had this on all day. It was a pretty amazing day actually. Giant charity concerts are a regular thing now, but back then, getting dozens and dozens of top pop stars to play on one day on two continents, that was something special.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11: Ranking the 11 Most Memorable Meltdowns
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Freaky Moments from 'Required Reading'
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan Sprayberry Talks More Comedy for Liam in Season 5
- 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer on Cheating Husband: He's 'Dead' to Me
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
- More From BuddyTV
- Sense8 Season 2: EP 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Pickup
- Game of Thrones: 8 (Mostly) Plausible Ways Jon Snow Can Be in Season 6
- Lost Alum Terry O'Quinn Joins ABC's Secrets and Lies for Season 2
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins 'Teetering' on Deal to Join Netflix Revival
- Ratings: The Bachelorette Surges vs. Previous Season Finale
- More From TVLine
- Nicki Minaj's Ex-Boyfriend Dropped a Diss Track About Her New Boyfriend, Meek Mill
- Luke Bryan Is 'Honored' to Be Raising His Late Sister's Children
- 'Empire' Stars Grace Gealey and Trai Byers Are Engaged
- Kim Kardashian Lovingly Cradles Her Growing Baby Bump
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Biggest Bloopers From 'America's Got Talent' Over the Past 10 Years!
- More From ET