Producer Simon Fuller announced the launch of American Idol's much anticipated songwriting competition, that was first on, then probably off, but now definitely back on. The contest gives one lucky songwriter the chance to write the single that will be heard by millions on Idol's grand finale show.
Fuller said, "Having an undiscovered songwriter create the winner's single seemed like a natural next step for our show . . . This show has always been, and will continue to be, all about fulfilling dreams."
Anyway, Pringles is the latest brand hoping to cash in on American Idol's popularity and powerhouse ratings, by launching a long-term partnership with FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment. As part of their "expansive marketing campaign," Pringles will create limited edition American Idol branded cans, and run American Idol-themed spots on Fox during Idol broadcasts.
TV Guide has an interview with American Idol finalist Elliott Yamin. People have been wondering why four of the five finalists on the show got record deals with 19 Entertainment, the producers/company behind Idol, but not Yamin.
"I'm not upset. Not at all. There's no need for anyone to be outraged. What's the big hurry? What's the big rush? The folks who've signed to this point, they're with 19. I will not be affiliated with 19 after the tour is over...I'm going to be able to make the music I want to make; that's all I have to say."
He also explains that after Idol was over, he got 40 to 50 offers for free dental work! And he might just take one up on their offer.
By the way, Kelly is scheduled to perform on the Grammy Awards this Wednesday. She is nominated for Best Pop Vocal Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album. Knowing that her personal stamp is on that album, I'm definitely rooting for her!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET