Berman has been called the face of ESPN, and that's probably true. He's been there since 1979, just one month after the sports cable giant began as a fledgling idea that many assumed would never make it. An all-sports network? Are you mad? Seems hard to believe that now, but 31 years ago it was a radical notion and Chris Berman was a wannabe sportscaster in Hartford, Connecticut, who took a chance with the cable start up. It paid off big time when ESPN became the worldwide leader in sports broadcasting.
(Here's video of the "Challenge" episodes.)
[Thanks to Shaun]
When I was in junior high, I picked up a copy of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams. I had never heard of Adams, and I didn't know that The Restaurant at the End of the Universe was actually the second book in a series (the first, of course, being The Hitchhikker's Guide to the Galaxy).
As I tended to do a lot back then, I read part of the book and then never finished it. It wouldn't be until several years later (and by that I mean "after I graduated college") that I would finally sit down and read the entire series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- Quotes of the Week from General Hospital, Bachelor in Paradise, Masters of Sex, Project Runway and More
- Sons of Anarchy Boss on Lea Michele's 'Frumpy, Makeup-Free' Season 7 Guest Stint: 'She Completely Went There'
- Saved by the Bell's Best Episodes: Rockumentary, 'Jessie's Song,' a Perfect Prom Picnic and 10 Others
- More From TVLine